0% Ruger Mark IV build

14 Likes

Can’t wait to see

14 Likes

I’ve always loved that look. Had a Savage 24 with case hardened receiver on the rack in my room when I was 7. I tried to do it on some tools I made in shop class but never got the the “look”. Looking forward to this!

15 Likes

Phew! The title is 0%. I thought it was made from a hunk of metal. I assume that’s a typo, then.

I was still impressed though. Nice work.

11 Likes

Sorry, I guess the pictures looked like it was modified from a mostly already machined part.

In that case, WOW! I’m really impressed.

Edit: I went back and looked a little closer. Yeah, I see it now.

9 Likes

Great job!

11 Likes

I assumed the same as Elena did, the reason for my confusion is it looks so damn perfect, you show the after pic first, which I took as a factory build

Very nice :+1:

Please, give us an introduction thread so we can welcome you properly and, when you do, decipher your screen name :wink:

11 Likes

Excellent work @6un5_4r3_N347

I have definitely seen your username before.

11 Likes

Aeronautical chart, AMW poster or CIA bulletin? :grin:

11 Likes

I thought it was here. And I agree with it 100%
He is 1337

11 Likes

At first glance I thought I was looking at two different parts: the barrel and the slide. The first two pictures of the round stock, I thought was a barrel you cleaned up. The last pictures I thought was a partially done slide that you finished. But when I went back and looked closer I could see that you made the slide completely from the round stock.

Pretty cool, I must say.

9 Likes

Very impressive

7 Likes

“Please, give us an introduction thread so we can welcome you properly and, when you do, decipher your screen name :wink:”

I’m going to guess that his user name means:
“Guns are neat”.
Using some alpha-numeric substitution trickery lol :grin:

Oh, and that is some fantastic work btw…I’m sure envious of you guys with machine shops.

9 Likes

Never even heard of this project before…thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Looks like I may need to do a some investigation work on this little gem!
:grin:

9 Likes

Sounds like a very good idea…definitely much easier to work aluminum by hand. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Sorry to necrobump, but is there any chance you’d be willing to share that fusion 360 file? This is my next build and I don’t have a receiver to model.

3 Likes

Are you trying to build a MKII or a MKIV?

I also did not have a receiver to model off of. I used a jig from Matrix Precision and pictures of a Mark IV to fill in the blanks. Most of that stuff I posted on WeaponsGuild. There’s a lot of good resources over there, and people currently (at the time of this reply) working on MKII builds.

https://weaponsguild.com/

If you can’t find what you are looking for, hit me up again and I’ll see if I can get you what you need.

5 Likes

I’m wanting to build a MKIV. I have a lower and a bolt, so I can probably figure everything out from that. I just figured if you had the file in fusion 360 it would be easy to pull dimensions from that as necessary.

4 Likes

These are the prints that I drew. They are wrong, because I did not have a Ruger to get dimensions from, but the gun works very well. I highly recommend looking at build threads on WG. Good luck, post pics of your progress, and let me know if you need anything else.

4 Likes

I appreciate it. Mine will be “wrong” as well, since the plan is to machine the receiver from a barrel blank and it be all one piece. The drawing will get me close as a starting point.

I forgot I’m already a member on WG, so I’ve been digging around their builds. I appreciate the reminder.

3 Likes