10 places not to be in SHTF

Will there be free puddin pops?

3 Likes

Laced or drug free pudding pops?

2 Likes

Laced with roofies and weed

2 Likes

Knowing certain “groups” and people here in Montana… first thing they say is they are packing up and heading into the hills.
Yeah?
You and 300 other nut jobs. Then what? You all try to shoot the one squirrel with your 06?
While I have sick and twisted plans, I am not going into the hills or Wally world. Hahahhahaa
Last place I am headed is the desert too… why are all the zombie apocalypse movies and dooms day movies ending up in some deserted wasteland and desert? Zero food unless you can catch bugs and zero water?
Something a lot of people do not realize… you cannot just head out into the woods and live off the land. There is not enough food out there anymore. Not in the majority of the world really unless you are in a very special place… and have very special skills.
I grew up having to cut firewood to heat our home. While we had electric heat, my grandparents never turned it on. They knew the great depression… knew what it was like to have nothing. So, a 3/4 to 1/2 acre garden (it became smaller as my grandmother aged) 2 wood burning fireplaces, and we were all very conservative. Raising animals to eat was normal. And for the most part, this was all a “hobby”
If we HAD to do it, it would have been a 14 hour day 7 days a week job. That in a mild climate…
Chatting with 2 of my friends yesterday one said it will not happen in his lifetime. He is 35… one think it will happen… he is 27 and a dairy farmer.
Guess who I side with? Hahahahaaa

4 Likes

Yeah, boy are we spoiled.
Grocery stores full of food and medicines.
Very few reasons to protect what we have.
Most everything easily replaced.
Very few of us have ever experienced hard times.
It’s doubtful if very many could survive much of it.
Just imagine the blue funk from just not having the internet for most folks.
On the other hand, think how little competition the hardy and skillful of us would have.

5 Likes

I agree and that goes inline with this thread.

https://forum.full30.com/t/realities-of-hunting

3 Likes

If you have not already go read James Wesley Rawles book series. I gave mine to my grand daughter so I dont know the order of them off hand. They tell many stories of post collapse life.

4 Likes

Already did . You might try Franklin Horton’s books . The Borrowed World Series.

4 Likes

“The Road” is pretty grim but good.

4 Likes

The Road was an awesome book

3 Likes

God, I hope it’s zombie. The hardest part will be pretending not to be excited about it.

5 Likes

Skynet or Jericho is probably more likely

3 Likes

Cormac McCarthy is one of my favorites. Blood Meridian is another good from him but its a western.

1 Like

I’ll take Skynet, too. Easily number two on my list. :sonny:

I’m talking about you, @Sonny. I’m watching you…

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @Sonny Bring me my gun.

1 Like

Is that a sock account?

2 Likes

He’s a bot. And, possible, Unit Zero in the overthrow of humanity and the leader of the Machine Rebellion. He’s suspect.

3 Likes

@Robert , what the **** happened to discobot?

3 Likes

Slow zombies wouldn’t be all that bad. Fast zombies would definitely be a problem.

If it ends up being zombies, I really, really hope it turns out to be the slow variety.

5 Likes

The infected from “28 days later” seem more believable and f***ed up

3 Likes