2,000 yards is in the books, men...

Done deal. Carry-over topic of what we’re doing over on .308AR.com.

We’ve been running .300 Win Mags to a Mile (1,760 yards) for several years now, I think 4 years since we started doing that. This past year, we’ve seen a BUNCH of new calibers smashing the Mile target. .50 BMG, obviously, but things like 6.5 PRC, 6.5x284 Norma, 6GT <<< THAT one SHOCKED me!..

So, with all the new calibers smacking 1760, whaddaya do?! Increase the distance… :rofl:

We now have 2k yards to shoot, and we’ve been testing it for about a month now. With the Win Mags. Well, my Gun Pusher came out FINALLY drug his 375 CheyTac out of his home safe and finally shot the samn thing, after 5 years of ownership, and he hit it. That thing was a ringer, if the loose nut behind the trigger was tightened down. We torqued him, he hit. :grinning:

So, here’s what 2,000 yards looks like. We’re shooting the base of the OTHER mountain, way out there in the distance…

Composite.thumb.jpg.ee41ac78b953927eadb583ad7c4c8734

^^^ That’s a 24" high x 36" wide plate, at 2k. At that distance, it’s barely more than 1 MOA high, barely more than 1.5 MOA wide. It’s a trip… We have a MagnetoSpeed target hit indicator mounted to the top of the plate, so you get the instant flashing red LED as soon as you make contact. After 2 weekends of shooting this, I was the record holder initially, impact on 4th round. Last time out, my Sniper Brother made contact on the 3rd round. I’ve Cold Bored the Mile target, a couple years ago, so I have that hanging over him, and he’s ALWAYS scared that I’ll Cold Bore something else… He says that if ANYONE Cold Bores this 2k target, that he’s sellin’ ALL his shiit, and he’s gonna quit… :joy:

We have a long discussion about this on the other side, and I’m not drawing attention there, but if you want to see the shenanigans and smack-talk from there, the entire story, as of now, is right here…

12 Likes

I have 2217 yards, 2411 yards, and 2534 yards mapped out. We’ll push the .300 Win Mag until it can’t go anymore. I promise… :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Awesome and impressive.
Respect !!

9 Likes

Very nice, You guys shoot some impressive distances.

9 Likes

Could this not be calculated via mathematics ?

8 Likes

Mark and Sam After work on YT have went well beyond 2k for a long time with multiple cartridges.

8 Likes

A 2 foot by 3 foot target, what you shooting at? Chis Christie?
How about the 30-06, been doing mile shots since WWI.
45/70 was the first. Those were man sized targets.

3 Likes

I’m real good with that. :wink:

7 Likes

A generously slim description :joy:

whale GIF

7 Likes

Why can’t you say good job?

Immigration Qualification Target :thinking:

8 Likes

Its all math. But then again the bullets dont always do what you want them to do.

I hit that mile target twice in a row.

8 Likes

Racist target !! I want a target with an Chinaman or a Nigerian or Mexican on it .

I even threw in the angry X-Wife target :joy:

9 Likes

@Robert only a beer :beer: :joy: sorta sad that didnt stir up some comments :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :smirk:

7 Likes

Hey, I don’t want your X upset with me :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

:joy: I dont personally have an X but…she might be if she points a glock at me like that with her finger in the trigger gaurd :point_up_2: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

:rofl:

8 Likes

It’s all only a math problem - it’s just whether you know the math to use, and whether you’re proficient at using it, correctly.

You’re more than welcome to come on down here to AZ anytime and try your hand at it. Just let me know what your plans are, and I’ll have it all set up for you.

8 Likes

We’re not Mark and Sam, and we’re here in the USA. Come on down and try your hand at it - it’s an open invite, anytime you want. I wouldn’t advise the summer months, unless you want to shoot in 110+ degree heat.

Look forward to seeing you here.

8 Likes

As would I. It’s a great time to be had. Unless you are actively avoiding eating, you will gain weight while you are there.

If it is within the annual fall shoot, I will be there with my wife. We have celebrated our last several anniversaries in the desert while shooting an wide variety of weapons at various distances. I have shot a mile with a friend’s 50BMG.

8 Likes

Well, if you knew the math to use, you’d be able to calculate how big that target really is at 2,000 yards. at 24" high, that’s 1.14 MOA high at 2,000 yards. 36" wide is 1.72 MOA at 2,000 yards. We had that steel cut to those dimensions just for this. at 1.14 MOA high, it’s pretty unforgiving of you don’t know your dope - there isn’t much slack for elevation screw-ups. You need to know your gun, scope, dope, and be able to read wind accurately. We intentionally made it wider, 1.72 MOA wide, because it’s pretty hard to judge wind at all distances, all the way out to 2,000 yards. the 225gr Hornady ELD-M projectile we’re using has a 4.5 second flight time to the target. The wind can do anything it wants in 4.5 seconds… so that’s why it’s a rectangle, that’s why it’s sized the way it is. Hope you approve.

You good enough to do that at 1,000 yards? Post the pics. You can try it with your 30-06 or 45-70, too. I’d like to see that.

We were shooting the Mile at an IPSC plate for 3 years. That 18" wide plate - that’s not even 1 MOA wide, at 1,760 yards. Run the math on it, check it for yourself. I cold-bored it once. Just once. Cold gun, first shot, 3" off dead-ass center, with the Win Mag.

So, the same invite goes out to you - you can come down here anytime you want, try it out for yourself, and bring any gun you want. 30-06, 45-70, BB Gun, whatever. We’ll support you. If you need training prior to trying it, arrive a day early and let me know ahead of time, so I’ve got all the training aids ready to go and out there with me.

Looking forward to seeing you here. You can either talk about it, or you can be about it. I run my gun, not my mouth… :rofl:

9 Likes