2021 civil war : AR vs AK and why the FAL sucks...

the HK 416 is used by infantry Marines and by SF , supposedly. Its also the gun that killed Bin Laden(sp) , again supposedly. If thats true that means Seals run them too.

8 Likes

Nope, it was a high point carbine

10 Likes

They shouldve cut his head off with a kabar

10 Likes

I would go with the AK for ease of cleaning and maintenance. They have fewer small parts, and just fewer parts in general to worry about. Also, AK’s don’t need special chamber brushes, BCG carbon scrapers, CLP cleaners, etc. AK’s can be easily cleaned with piss, vodka, or piss after drinking vodka. :laughing:

Yes, that is ironic. I suspect that American engineers are too OCD and can’t handle the sloppy tolerances, so they are screwing it up by changing things. :laughing:

8 Likes

You buy into the propoganda too much comrade.

A shoetring and cloth plus lube is all the AR needs, no brushes. Dont treat it like its fragile.

I ran mine through multiple courses and torture tests(really stupid ones) with no cleaning or parts breakage…just lube untail I hit 7k now its gone. I wouldn’t buy a Colt again but in general I was sold on the platform after running one for thousands of rounds.

In all honestly the AK is ok too, I really want a Beryl one of these days or a Kalash USA in .308 or 5.56

8 Likes

Lol :joy:

I like the finer accuracy and smaller round of the AR for taking “precision” shots on small game in my mental wilderness bugout scenario…and I like the capability of the AK round in a street to street, car punching, wall busting urban scenario.
Don’t think I’d outlast either weapon in a SHTF scenario.

10 Likes

I feel caliber is a better debate than platform.

10 Likes

Using that DLC/Nitride coating on the bcg and any other available part greatly improves the ability of the AR to go without cleaning for much longer intervals imho

10 Likes

I usually run Toolcraft which is nitride…I like them. I think LWRC and LMT enhanced stuff would be even better.

10 Likes

Same here…I think Toolcraft is the best bang for the buck out there…I run them in most of my ARs
Too poor to afford the high speed, low drag operator stuff…so I wouldn’t know about the others :rofl:

I have noticed a HUGE difference in the amount of frictional drag that an unlubricated standard milspec bcg has compared to a nitride bcg…that alone would sell me on nitride if I knew nothing else about it lol

9 Likes

Thats one of the reasons I dont consider the military M4 any indication of quality. Its bare basic 90s tech. There are far better option available to us than basic military or LE in general. I may be wrong on that because I have only even fired a real m4 upper on a Colt 6920 lower but it seemed just like a 6920…functional but dated

8 Likes

and like I posted…Cost, H&K’s are out of reach of majority and I have not seen where the accuracy/reliability warrants the cost over a good DI gas gun IMO, granted the quality of an H&K goes without saying and I have no doubt the life span of rifle properly maintained would be better.

9 Likes

Same here. I ran one of my AR’s over 1,000 rounds with zero cleaning…just a few drops of oil. The brushes and cleaning tools aren’t necessary, but they do make the job easier.

10 Likes

It heats up less in full auto and is probably less of an issue with amphibious guys or dudes in bathtubs.

10 Likes

If you have to fire your rifle so much for heat to become an issue, your beltfed guy is down and you may be screwed…

10 Likes

You rang

9 Likes

Yea, your down and the rest of the guys are Screwed…

9 Likes

I am a DI guy for ARs , not a fan of piston ARs really even though I have been in the past. I dont see a big enough improvement for the loss of accuracy, balance and weight.

Draining ARs is not hard either so I dont get why thats a big deal. Do they train ampibious guys to shoot under water or something?

It took me an hour of dunking and shooting my PSA to get it to pop and that was very deliberate. Not sure if A piston wouldve done any better.

8 Likes

/concur

The reason al the girls ARs here are 300BO not5.56
They need close in punch, not long distance shots.

8 Likes

Lwrc and LMT are top notch.
Seeing as how I am not that grate of a shot… my piston drive ARs are just fine for me. 450 yards on human silhouettes… good enough.
I do try to keep my setups lighter… but… i still run EoTech and 3x magnifier

7 Likes