2021 civil war : AR vs AK and why the FAL sucks...

Ok the FAL dosnt really suck but its good click-bait.

Its 2020 , PSA, Zastava , and Kalashnikov USA are gaining momentum and communism is on the rise in America… The AK appears to be gaining traction

Whats your preference , AR or AK…

• AR15/AR10 or variants
  • AK or variant
  • Other -specify
0 voters

For newer members here are the older threads on this arguement. Feel free to necro post, playing with dead things is ok around here. Some of the dinosauers in this thread are no longer members here and due to current rule changes …no politics …outside of calling AKs the right arm of the communist world.

9 Likes

I prefer them both, but for different reasons. If I ever needed to abandon my home or bug out into the wilderness, I would choose the AK. Otherwise, I would stay with the AR platform.

9 Likes

I prefer the AR to the AK just need a bottle of lube and the AR will run. I cant think of any reason I would go with an AK. Training with one is another story , obviously its a good idea to know how to use one given the communist invasion.

11 Likes

The modern AR is pretty hardy.

9 Likes

The AR is obviously better , even the boss gave my pro-AR anti-AK posts a double beer option…

8 Likes

I have both. Just depends on what I’m doing .

8 Likes

Well if youre being an American than go AR but if your going commie go AK.

9 Likes

But I have all this 7.62x39 ammo and only 1 AR that uses that round. The AK’s are needed to use the drum mags for said ammo. Can’t have ammo and nothing to shoot it with.

11 Likes

Soon as i seen the title i knew this was a @Caw thread

Gotta be a Belt Fed
Nothin else need to be said.

10 Likes

Half the folks said other, but no one said what other.
Sticking with the M1 it does what yours cant.
Be used as a club, butt stroke, and has a with the bayo, its a long stabby stick.
and it kills at half a mile away. Really does good point blank too.

11 Likes

M1 being a 30-06 were they used as sharpshooter rifles or just battle rifle roles in WW2?

8 Likes

Self obsessed much?

9 Likes

Nope

9 Likes

I’m bi-gun like @SteelPinger. I just like to bag on AR guys. Our M4’s in the army sucked, but i bought/had built my wife an AR and it functions fine. Before anyone says the army ones were old and worn out we had new issue m4’s

10 Likes

Some people don’t like M4 platform or had bad luck with them. The design is pretty sound and proven though. Same with the AK.

The ARs unreliability and AKs accuracy issues are way overblown,imo. 5.56 AKs are pretty close to ARs in accuracy and ARs are reliable (if lubed and built right).

I always got a kick out of this though

9 Likes

AKs are still recycled trash can guns built for commies by commies because commies are poor and cant afford quality rifles. Israel couldn’t throw thier AKs out any faster and did it in favor of the m16 which is still used by them only in a lesser degree now that the Tavor took over as standard for thier military.

9 Likes

I’m goin completely off of here say on this one. I own an AR-14 (according to joe Biden) and I like it but I’ve watched documentaries on the AK and it seems like a more reliable gun along with accuracy.

I could be wrong here being I have no real world experience with the AK, so if you disagree I won’t argue. Just going off of what I have read.

10 Likes

Just so you all know… I already know @Caw’s rebuttal to my argument and he may have a valid point of hypocrisy.

So on that I will say :fu: you @Caw (A.K.A. Joe the 2nd)

9 Likes

Oh , hey joemo sexual, how you been?

7 Likes

Life at full30 wouldn’t be fun without a sissy like you so I’m glad you’re here

7 Likes