22 caliber and which 22 revolver for you ?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/11/15/cartridge-spotlight-22-caliber-revolvers/

For Me it’s Rugers and H&R’s (no longer made though) Love em both.

6 Likes

I have both the Ruger Wrangler and Super Wrangler.
The super has 22 and 22mag cylinders along with adjustable sights. Still like my Ruger 22/45 over both of them.

6 Likes

Our 6 in. Colt Diamondback shoots the best - The 6 in. heritage with adj. sights next
4.5 in. Ruger Single Six 3rd.

7 Likes

Colt new frontier and Super Wrangler.

7 Likes

I wished they would make a super wrangler in .357 , and .45colt.

8 Likes

Its not a large enough frame for either round.
The Blackhawk’s come in both calibers. My 45 Blackhawk has twin cylinders 45Colt& 45ACP.

9 Likes

They could make one :grin:

7 Likes

They do. They call that one a Blackhawk.

8 Likes

It has a different look. No Cerakote etc…

7 Likes

So have it coated. The Blackhawk is polished and smooth. You see casting marks on the wranglers. Going to have to send the Superwrangler back and get it fixed. The transfer bar is catching on the back of the firing pin when you try and cock the hammer.
If you point the muzzle up you can cock the hammer. If you point it below level the transfer bar catches the firing pin and locks the gun up.

9 Likes

Well, that aint no good at all.

6 Likes

Just got off the phone with Ruger customer service.
I didnt have the cylinder pin all the way in. When seated properly it keeps the transfer bar from catching in the firing pin.

9 Likes

Well that there tells me you arent the first one to experience that .

7 Likes

She knew the answer right away. I’m not the first to do that.

9 Likes

S&W 617 6 inch

8 Likes

Guys,
Currently, not sure what happened, the only 22 rimfire revolver my wife and I own is an original Bearcat. I would be interested in any informed recommendations concerning a nice, high quality, reasonably price 22 revolver; single or double action? How do the Colt New Frontier and Ruger Single six compare? Concerning double action, I noticed Rock Island has a new 22 revolver, and Colt has the new Colt Cobra in 22 as well…any experience with these two? What about the S&W K-22 and kit guns, new and old versions, as well? Thanks…
Bill

6 Likes

Model 17 or 617. Usually pretty good quality but expensive.
I’m biased towards Smiths, but for some good reasons.

6 Likes

I like the new Ruger Super Wrangler. 22 & 22mag. Adjustable sights. S&W for double action but at least twice the price of the Ruger.

5 Likes

@58marine
If I find a nice, but older series of model 17, would you recommend over the new classic models? Thanks for the response.
Bill

7 Likes

@shooterrex, if I were to find an affordable, possibly older, or all steel Ruger single action. Would you consider that better quality, and possibly more accurate, than the Wrangler? Would it be worth the extra 22 mag cylinder? Thank you,
Bill

7 Likes