.22 LR IS Getting Cheaper

Right now Freedom Munitions has Federal Auto Match .22 LR listed at $20.96 for a box of 325 rounds. That’s $0.0645 a round. For awhile a lot of .22 ammo was up to almost $0.20 a round. Federal Auto Match also happens to be my favorite .22 LR cartridge at the moment. All my .22’s eat that stuff like it’s candy.

I’m hoping I can talk the wife into letting me snag a couple thousand more rounds.

BBBUUUUTTTT… I need to start stocking up on 9mm for USPSA next year too.

Conundrums. :roll_eyes:

Sometimes I think I should just sell all my other guns and replace them with nothing but .22’s What they lack in firepower, I could make up for in sheer quantity. :laughing:

8 Likes

Federal Auto Match runs in our .22 very well.
Good deal there - thanks for the tip !!!

7 Likes

Sportsman’s Oudoor had 9mm Mag tek for I think $13.99 a box

7 Likes

The Fed Match works pretty good in ours too.

The price of 9mm coming way down is why I looking for 9mm barrels.

6 Likes

Freedom Munitions has some pretty good deals on their remanufactured 9mm. A box of 115gr FMJ is $12.50. But that’s still $0.25 a round compared to $0.0645 a round for .22 LR.

9mm for SD and competition.
.22 for massive ammo dumps at the range.

5 Likes

I hear ya. I’m in the handgun practice 22LR & 9mm. I don’t compete, but for SD I am in the 40 S&W camp.

Rifle, I use 22LR in-between what ever else I am working with.

6 Likes

Check PSA out they 500 rds fmj 115 CCI AND 500 rds Sierra 115 JHP for $199.

7 Likes

All ammo is coming down, supply and demand, people are to broke to demand it

6 Likes

Some is coming down more slowly than others. The prices for .357 and .38 are still insane. Unfortunate because they are 2 of my favorite rounds.

.22 can still make a fun day at the range though. Just bring a variety of guns to shoot them out of.

5 Likes