22 Push Up Challenge & Mental Health Awareness Month

10 Likes

I still can’t understand the focus on this issue and absence of focus elsewhere that most of us who served feel is more critical.
I get emotional around it. Ergo modification of the first comment to this.

3 Likes

there are two points here and calling anyone weak is NOT one of them. point one is this is mental health awareness month, the word there is awareness. point two is that it is not just about veterans, everyone can have issues and having resources to help i a good thing. based on your last comment on another thread of mine, you and i am probably not going to agree on much. but at least we can know where the other stands i guess.

3 Likes

lol did I hurt your feelings? I’m sorry, I lived in texas for 7 years and I know what a shit hole and fake free state it is… my bad.

3 Likes

you left so in my opinion your opinion is moot… that said you did not hurt my feelings at all. i don’t recall you ever posting on my stuff before and for some reason you have a beef with me, that is fine, trolls be trolling, keep it up my friend. you don’t know me and i don’t know you so makes it easy to really not care one way or another.

2 Likes

Friend if I wanted to troll you I would make it good.

2 Likes

bring it pretty boy, make ya famous LOL

3 Likes

:popcorn: hey im known as the Don King around here let’s do this… No low blows and let’s keep it clean guys , no tickle fights either this isnt Facebook.

@Belt-Fed

@LonewolfMcQuade

@Robert

Im starting a betting pool , you guys want in?

5 Likes

Nope he can win, I’m not here to troll just get emotional around my brothers and sisters in arms. A lot of us are upset by the use of ailments we suffer from being used in national campaigns. Some of us still prefer the privacy.

6 Likes

you are certainly entitled to that for sure man. just so you know, before i ever made this, i contacted (which is actually on record) several of my veteran friends, 3 of which are mentioned by name in the video. i wasn’t doing this to bash anyone, it was the total opposite… offering awareness, support options and extending an offer to listen if ANYONE needs it,not just vets. it was supposed to be a positive message but i suppose, depending on one’s life experiences and perspectives, it could get misunderstood. i get the privacy thing too. i have some friends that will talk about things and some that don’t, i never push em, if and when they want to, they will and i will be here to listen. I had a friend, passed away years ago now, nam vet that opened up to me after quite a few years and WOW the things he told me. that is sorta where i learned just to listen because there was seldom much i could ever say to him after he told me those stories, turns out though, all he needed was someone he trusted to listen.

you know you talked above about the rate with men and you are right, it is higher, so i often wonder if it has something to do with the macho attitude a bit. men are supposed to be strong, provide, take care of business and when situations arise where they can’t, they may get depressed or whatever, then the macho kicks in that does not allow them to talk about their situations with others and things just get worse and worse.

7 Likes

Good info! While working from home I cranked out 22. I never had the honor of serving, but like you I have family that has. Also have family who’ve been diagnosed with and suffer from various mental health issues.

4 Likes

As a Texas resident, I resemble those remarks! Been called a shithole and a fake on various occasions - lol.

4 Likes

Im an Oregonian…Texas looks great,tbh.

5 Likes

it isn’t as bad here as many make it out. even the big cities are not as bad as people make it out to be. political winds change all the time, so you gotta keep up for sure. we have had a pretty good lock on the Governor, AG and Senate. those things should not shift anytime soon. people see the potential for the house to shift and lose their minds not understanding that there is a balance of power. should that happen, we would still be alright. heck, our house has basically been democrat controlled for a long time anyway but yet we are still moving forward on most and what i mean by democrat controlled is some Rinos joining the Dems to take over leadership and committees. If we can ever cull some of that cronyism, we will be in really good shape. The Gov and AG will keep those crazy cities in line just like they did with the whole “essential” business thing. but hey, i am an optimist too, so what do i know, that is a true minority now days it seems. LOL

5 Likes

you are welcome anytime my friend… BRING YOU REAR ON DOWN

6 Likes

Thanks @CloverTac for contributing to mental health awareness. No matter how some folks arrive in a bad place it’s nice to know there are others like yourself out there willing to provide support to an individual in need.

7 Likes

appreciate it but ain’t no thang, hopefully i am not alone in wanting to see everyone as happy and healthy as they can be

7 Likes