25-06 Remington beats 6.5 Creedmoor?

https://ronspomeroutdoors.com/blog/25-06-remington-beats-6-5-creedmoor/

4 Likes

LonewolfMcQuade, the 25-06 sounds like a great hunting round👍

5 Likes

I have three set up in that caliber, I mean, before the boating accident I had three setup in 25 -06. Hell of a flat shooting & destructive round

4 Likes

6 Likes

It’s Blasphemy I tell ya.

3 Likes

Frank at Snipers Hide did a very detailed comparison between the 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor and the 308 in a 20 inch barrel did better at long range than the 6.5…he used Flatline 160 grain bullets in the 308, they are expensive bullets, but it beat the 24 inch barreled 6.5…

4 Likes

Good info @rjburk
308 is definitely a good proven round!

4 Likes

Snipers Hide has some great detailed info on shooting long range.

4 Likes

That may be the reason why my boat sank!

3 Likes

Good hunting round for smaller game like those Eastern Deer.
Pushing it on a Mule Deer is the outer end of its reach.
Elk I really would think two or three times and it better be a damn good shot.
Dogs and such it is great!!!
My personal opinion on the Creedmore is it is a knockoff of the 6.5 Swede with smaller case capacity.
They shoot the same bullet but the swede has a little more capacity if needed.
The 6.5 offers more bullet choices and heavier as well.
25-06 is a good round just know it’s limitations as well.

3 Likes

For Mules & elk, I’ll be pulling out my 270WSM or 308 with a good, bonded bullet

5 Likes

When I was growing up one of the gang’s father’s owned a .25-06 (mid 1970’s). That was the rifle we all clamored over to shoot during our outings to the range. It was a Mauser '98 custom build and a Unertl scope (with windage/elevation knobs on the mount).

He was a target shooter and not a hunter.

Great whitetail deer caliber.

The Creedmoor’s OK. But I’m not going to trade in my slightly better .260 Rem to get one. :wink:

3 Likes

I’ll stay with my .270 it has done the job on everything I have shot from coyote to elk.

4 Likes