25 of the Best Handguns Ever...

5 Likes

What say you? Agree or disagree, what would you include? Which would you exclude?

5 Likes

Well. It’s hard to argue with revolvers and they seem to be dominating in this article. They’re reliable. That said, I disagree with the glock 17 because… well, it’s a glock.

I’m ready for the trash talk. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Define what “best” means. The Glock is a workhorse but a crude unrefined turd too. It is iconic but that’s about it.

Best could mean alot of things, best combat pistol, best CC pistol, best competition pistol, classiest pistol, most iconic, most successful, best selling , etc. To tell you the truth it takes $$ to get Glock up to par with its competitors and even then its competitors are not the best at everything.

So I will take a shot in the dark and say

1. Browning Hi Power/ Colt S.A. revolver
  2. 1911/S&W 686
  3. Sig p226

Glock only gets a spot in the best combat or competition pistol category with mods(so it dosnt get a spot) but gets top 5 on the most iconic list.

6 Likes

Good points. Best at ?? Is a good question. Some of the choices appear to have made the list on the grounds of influence or for being iconic. The Glock, imo, paved the way for what are much better poly guns. While innovative at its inception, hasn’t really progressed or improved since. I believe other brands took it & made theirs a little better. The M&P, M&P 2.0, Sig P365 etc. Again, just my opinion.

5 Likes

Good list
13 of the 25 live here

4 Likes

I agree. For the price Glock needs a good trigger and steel sights. That would put it up to par with the other pistols that it already cost more than. Sig makes shit polymer pistols though, f*** them with a sandpaper dildo. S&W, HK, FN, CZ all offer better bang for the buck, imo.

4 Likes

Sig can only be out matched by H&K in my opinion.

5 Likes

Sig p226s sure but the p320 isnt even in HKs ballpark. SIG USAs QC is so hit or miss or I would put them eye to eye with HK. My “made in Germany” Sig P226 was a fantastic pistol.

The HK VP9 , imo is the best stock polymer 9mm or the Walther maybe ,with their grip and triggers they are a dream to shoot. Glocks need a few hundred $$ pumped in them to be a contender.

5 Likes

well there wasn’t a high point in there.

5 Likes

Glock 19, 3 generations 15 years bang evertime.

5 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that. Must have made the Elite list, right under the poptart gun…

5 Likes

I preferred running the VP9, was very fond of the paddle mag release

5 Likes

Heard they got rid of it. Once I got the hang of it I found it quite a bit faster.

4 Likes

No there wasnt. Its up there with century arms though. Very impressive piece of pot metal.

5 Likes

I have two old cheap revolvers and I mean cheap, they are buried in the back of a safe. I don’t even remember what they are, one of them a renter left and the other was my father in laws. just know I wouldn’t shoot them. they didn’t make the list either.

5 Likes

Did Jennings make revolvers?

:laughing: :laughing:

4 Likes

LOL I don’t think so, these things are some kind of foreign crap. one is a 22 and other is a 38

4 Likes

Why did you bury them? Who did you kill?

5 Likes

Well

Wait your turn

6 Likes