$280.00 1911??? Will it run?

The Tisas 1911A1 U.S. ARMY Clone from SDS imports is definitely one of the best budget minded 1911 pistols I have ever owned. The classic 1911 look that Tisas gave their 1911a1 U.S. ARMY clone is hard to over look. The fit and finish is great and the machining is on par with the big names in the 1911 community.
Finding one new for $300.00 to $450.00 is not hard to do at all and you will not be disappointed that you picked one up. Holding this new retro pistol will bring you right back to February 14th 1911 Valentines Day, the same day John Moses Browning’s blueprints were officially patented and published for this Classic American Masterpiece. Patent number 984,519.

17 Likes

Great little shooter! The cold hammer forged and chrome lined barrel is a nice bonus.

9 Likes

Yes it is. I’m having a hard time finding a reason not to like it. It is a solid value to say the least.

10 Likes

My understanding is many 1911s have an issue with 230gr JHPs. The system was originally designed for 200gr LRN 100+ years ago. So I can’t agree on it being the magazine, since the platform wasn’t designed for the flying ashtrays.

8 Likes

Never heard that, but many issues I’ve had were always corrected by magazines

minus extraction direction, had many 1911s want to return brass to me directly

9 Likes

That’s fine. I just noticed that not a single failure happened with a standard 7 round magazine.

One could argue that the slide velocity is to slow and that the recoil spring needs replacing. I would still say that the W.C. Extended magazine are still the common denominator in the equation.

With more shooting/ testing time will tell, but I sure can’t fault a $280 price tag to say the least.

Have you ran into any issues with 10 round W.C. Magazines in the 1911?

8 Likes

Cool video. I’m almost ashamed to admit I’ve never shot a 1911 :facepalm:

Actually I am ashamed to admit that…

12 Likes

Don’t be! That just sounds like a opportunity to me!

11 Likes

Say what you will… day 5 this still tickles a bit.

11 Likes

@switchpod I only load 5 into my 7/8 round magazines, since I only use the 1911 for bullseye.

There’s a 7+ hour podcast on Primary and Secondary over 1911s…I’ve listened to it more than once just to get more familiar with the system. Joe Chambers is on the panel with others.

7 Likes

I see a commander hammer in that pistols future. Got rid of a hi-power clone that did that to me.

8 Likes

Ever try that P64 Makarov?
It’ll leave two of those suckers side by side on the web of your hand…nastiest little bi+<# I ever shot…

7 Likes

Can you place a link to the video please? I would like to listen to it some time.

7 Likes

Ha! Yeah it has the patented meat tenderizer pattern on it, but I tell you this if you hold it that high like I do you can really control that recoil… but then there’s a chance you’ll have a hand that looked like mine.

10 Likes

:rofl: oh yeah I actually have a polish p64 and a Bulgarian MAK. I agree they both definitely let you know when you shoot them.

10 Likes

@switchpod

I haven’t watched it, I listen to them via podcast

6 Likes

I only load 6 in my 8 rounders. Rounds 7 & 8 drag on the slide too much.

7 Likes

@SteelPinger I only shoot 5 rounds at a time, per the course of fire for bullseye matches.

10 min 10 rounds at 50yds
20 Sec 5 rounds (2x) at 25 yds
10 Sec 5 rounds (2x) at 25 yds

If my 1911 wouldn’t run a mag at full capacity, I’d be sending it to a gunsmith or getting a new mag.

That seems the be a problem, it’s not Vietnam any longer, short loading magazines should be a relic of a bygone era.

8 Likes

The KimPro mags have this issue in my gun. My WC mags do not. I only have a few of each, so my experience is not exactly scientific. I was just throwing it out there.

9 Likes

Cool! Thank you very much @MementoMori. I will check it out.

6 Likes