3 best .45 acp pistols that are not 1911s

Its a DA/SA though, it just feels weird. More of a training issue though.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve got to really like the SA/DA with my Canik. It was very weird at first but I find I like it. Not sure what relevance that is butā€¦ :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

I would put a sig P220 right in there with HK but I will say that HK makes a damn fine 45acp

7 Likes

This is too good of a thread for that dirt G word. I was tempted but I wonā€™t say it

6 Likes

The only 45 we own

713376034_IMG_2284(1).jpg.07f7f9a1e132edb2d1926c14d9a1c56e

9 Likes

Someone please send an HK of the .45ACP variety so that I may conduct a LONG term hands-on evaluation. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and generosity.

9 Likes

For meā€¦ mind you I am VERY opinionatedā€¦
Sig 227 Tac ops
Sig 220 (German Made model)
Glock G21 Gen 4ā€¦

Sold all my HK 45sā€¦ I only have 1 HK in 9mmā€¦

9 Likes

I would add fhe M&P 2.0 in there is wellā€¦ I keep forgetting about that one.

8 Likes

Mine says frame made in Germany.
The rest must be made by gun totting liberals in NH.
I have one of them high cap mags too. 11 shots of 45 is more than any one needsā€¦ Sure sleep good at night.

6 Likes

One thing the HK45 has going for it is ruggedness. They were built to go 20,000 rounds with no maintenance and were pushed 50,000 rounds with next to no maintenance,really as far as mechanical devices go is pretty incredible. It was also built for use by the Special Forces by HK with Larry Vickers as an advisor (I think).

6 Likes

While they were built to be mechanically rugged, the design has a few flaws.
On some models (I forget the exact ones) the ambi slide lock on the right side is retained by a small piece of polymer. I have had over 5 guns come in with that snapped off. HK doesnā€™t warranty thatā€¦ it should have been metal and that would have solved the problem.
They may have corrected this issue by nowā€¦
Other than that, they have some of the worst customer service in the industryā€¦ they have even lost firearms I have sent in for months.
They have also claimed firearm abuse on firearms that are new out of the box and the clients just wanted them to install an upgraded trigger pack.
To me, customer care is right up there along with the quality of the firearm when I am making a decision to buy.

8 Likes

I agree with that ,itā€™s why they have the reputation that they do. Itā€™s mainly with civies though I hear they are much better with LE and mil contracts. Seems sort of jackbootish if you ask me.

ā€œHK: because you suck and we hate youā€

Definitely shit customer service, some of the worst in the business but that is countered by some of the best QC in the business(for a mass produced firearm).
Overall after having issues getting parts and mags I donā€™t buy thier products anymore but it dosnt change my opinion of how good thier designs are.

7 Likes

Knew a pretty good 3 gunner that rocked one, he swore by them. Guess he never needed service.

I can put them on the list along with Ruger Semi Autos. Owned one for a few hours once, thing grouped like a shottie pattern. Didnā€™t give Ruger a chance to fix it so no idea about their service.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve always wanted a Mark 23.

6 Likes