30 carbine question

I was finally able to go out and take a few shots today. I fired a dozen or so some slow and some repid fire. Gun worked like it is supposed to. I’m stoked!

8 Likes

Good news!

5 Likes

Time to get rid of it now :grin:

6 Likes

My duaghter and I took it to the range. Herw is my target at 100 yds open sights. And I can’t see that far.

5 Likes

Not bad, all kill shots.

5 Likes

@rjburk

I suspect we all have been “young and dumb” when it comes to selling guns in the past that we now regret selling.

6 Likes

I really can’t regret selling one as its typically how I got another and the experience of having even for a time is worth more than never having at all, no?

5 Likes

@Robert

Does that mean that once you have sold a particular gun type and model, you never buy one of them again? If so, congratulations! You have done much better than me in that regard.

For example, I bought the Ruger SP 101 2.25 inch barrel 20 years ago. Sold it some years later. Bought it again 10 years ago. Sold it again 8 years ago. And so on.

Yes, I used it on trades each time I sold it, but I ended up trading what I traded it for, for something else.

I know trading guns in on purchases of new gun acquisitions is common, but if not careful, you can lose a lot of money in the long term (especially since gun dealers generally only offer you (me, at least), half of what you paid for it, or half of the new price - either way, a big loss, generally).

So, looking back, not sure the additional knowledge and experience gained was really worth it.

NB: I still like the Ruger SP101 2.25 inch barrel, but probably would not recommend anyone buy it.

5 Likes

I have sold a crap load of guns I wished were still mine. I have no idea where I would put em though.

6 Likes

@Belt-Fed

Same here. Although, there probably some here that would volunteer to “store” your “extra” guns for you (with the right to use them some, of course).

4 Likes

If I bought a gun and it didn’t work even after I done my thing to it, I got rid of it. I bought a few from pawn shops and learned they are there for a reason. either they don’t work or they are stolen. I only have one now that don’t work and it’s a tec 9. I would unload that POS but it’s in the back of a safe and I ain’t getting it out. it ain’t worth nothing anyway.

3 Likes

Not as a rule no, but it might influence buying one I haven’t had over one I have had if a choice between two was on the table,

Or if it was a good experience might influence towards it

4 Likes

Many years ago, I had a Plainfield carbine, the paratrooper version with the sliding wire stock.
It worked perfectly always.
Should have kept it but I let a friend talk me out of it.
Does Plainfield still make them these days?
If not a little research sez they made well over 100,000 of them.
There’s probably more than a few of them still around used.

3 Likes