300 blackout in a .223, opps

From what I understand, this is the result of putting a 300 blackout in to a .223. On our Twitter page, there has been a lot of talk about how it’s not possible. Tomorrow I will be running a test and recording it. I will take an empty brass from a 300 blackout, put a bullet in it and try to chamber it in a .223. I predict it will close, but not easy. I believe the bullet will be pushed in to the case allowing the bolt to lock.

Ouch… Talk about having a bad day.

I think the worst part is, that’s right in your face. I picked up these magBands from https://magbands.net/ a while back. I have way too many calibers that fit the same mags and look to close to each other.

Indeed. Even if you were uninjured you’d learn that lesson real quick!

How hard would it to be getting past the flinch.

I couldn’t imagine. Would it be unreasonable to assume your instincts would be to throw it immediately afterward? Nah, probably not unreasonable.

If that ever happened to me, I would need to purchase new underwear, and perhaps new pants. :thinking:

Holy crap! Where did you get that sample? Hope whoever this happened to is ok. That’s the kind of mistake you only make once.