300 Win Mag Muzzle Brake ?

Hey everyone I have a question :raising_hand_man:. I got a new rifle and it is threaded for a suppressor/ muzzle brake. It is a 5/8 x 24” thread. The rifle’s caliber is 300 win mag. I wanted to see what muzzle brakes I can use on it. Will any .30 cal muzzle brake work or do I have to have a specific brake to the caliber???

7 Likes

@SuppressedNation_Chris :arrow_double_up:

4 Likes

Any .30 cal brake will work. The only question is how well. I’m a big muzzle break fan. I know a lot aren’t especially for hunting. I like to tame the recoil on my larger rifles.

7 Likes

Obviously a brake threaded 5/8-24, many brakes come with a pilot hole that we open up to the bore diameter+.

8 Likes

Any 30 cal w/the proper thread will work. Some brakes do a better job of recoil reduction than others.

7 Likes

Yup as they said any 30 cal will work. I just ran the rugged suppressors surge on my nephews 300wm 2 weekends ago. Definitely helped but that rounds a beast

8 Likes

Yep any .30 threaded 5/8-24 will work. I have this one on a .308, and the steel version on another.

A buddy and a brother in law swear by the Fat Bastard on their 300 WMs. Gen 3 is better I hear. Ports are tunable and brake can be timed.

Gen 3 Fat Bastard

7 Likes

Thank you everyone. Super helpful, and awesome suggestions. Working on a sub $3k Rifle Build that will shoot 1k yards. Good old 3 for 1 deal lol :joy:

8 Likes

I remember there were a couple videos on YouTube where a guy was testing up to 30 brakes for the effect on recoil.

If these are the right videos, I like his simple approach - measuring how much the contraption slides back.

5 Likes

Hey y’all I was able to get in contact Gentry Custom -

and after a few measurements they were able to customize a brake for me. I should have some videos done soon for everyone to check out.

6 Likes

Hey everyone I just made a unboxing video on the Gentry Custom brake. Pretty simple process. Excited to get out and test it soon. Will upload soon to Full30 as well.

6 Likes