308 Commando AKA "The Joker"

Sig barrel, Noreen forged receiver, Toolcraft BCG, Armalite gas block and hand guard, RRA front sight and carry handle. Custom tank brake barrel extension.
Tactical Gray over Snow White over Graphite Black Cerakote finish.
I’ll do another mag with a Joker theme eventually, the John Wick/ Hellboy was just some practice.

11 Likes

I especially like the theme. Nice work!

10 Likes

It was some effort but came out nice. Those HAHAHA stencils will drive a guy mad.

10 Likes

yep, was recently regretting selling my sig barrels, reopened that wound nicely you did :expressionless:

10 Likes

If it makes it any better that was my last one. Maybe one or two of the brothers on the 308 forum still have one. I do still have one of the 556 16" Sig barrels squirreled away. I need another safe…
The guy with the chainsaw is a sneek peek of my next theme…

EvilDead

10 Likes

Looks good. I don’t have the patience for intricate work like that.

10 Likes

Very nice @albroswift :star_struck:! I have one of those Noreen lowers if you don’t mind, who made the upper you used. I have tested a psa and aero uppers and they push the bolt catch lever. Inquiring minds would like to know

9 Likes

I’ve been assembling parts for a while but if I remember correctly the upper was also Noreen forged, but they don’t show anything like it on their site now.
EDIT: Probably this one, I get stuff from them occasionally. Good shop. Crappy description, AR10, DPMS, and AR15 but we have become use to that!
https://americanmadetactical.com/product/ar-10-raw-upper-receiver/

There are a lot of different bolt catches out there, every one a little different. The one I used was 308 specific (Sig I think, maybe Armalite), long enough right to left I had to fit the left end to the slot but plenty of room in the V. If you use a AR15 size sometimes you need to open up the V notch to clear the upper. Had the same thing with a factory Anderson first time I ran into it it took a bit to diagnose.

10 Likes

Nice work, man! I like it!

8 Likes

The scene where Murray gets brained made me a joker fan.

9 Likes

Thank you for the info :+1:

7 Likes

So looked, last couple I used were Armalite AR10B catches.
https://www.armalite.com/SACItem.aspx?Item=EA6075

The Sig 716 BC is also real beefy, but haven’t seen any available lately.
I’m sure there are plenty more that work great, these are just what I have had experience with.

Here are some AR15s and a AR308 (right), but the 308 still needed some relief in the V. (Over did it a bit, that’s why it’s in the parts bin)

A true 308 BC has a lot more meat and is longer, usually requiring fitting.

6 Likes

Yes I agree on 308 being heavier. I have cmmg which is very much like the one you show also a psa which while same wedge as 308 is much thinner at the paddle. Both show as yours being very straight at the stem and paddle. I am thinking about one made by B.A.D. These are screen shots of theirs.

3 Likes

Anyone heard of this company, Right to Bear?

Was thinking the paddle being angled away might help as not all uppers have the cutouts that need to match up where bolt catch pins in lower. :thinking: Just a thought.

6 Likes

I’ve looked at the BAD never tried one but all their stuff is top notch. Their BC looks GTG.
All AR 15 stops can be made to work in AR308, but not the other way around.
AR10b BC is the gold standard but will for sure need some fitting.
AERO M5 looks beefy but never had one in hand.
Right to Bear is a good shop, never had an issue.

6 Likes

I 2nd Al’s feedback on Right to Bear

5 Likes