.38 TJ

I was walking around at work and found a shell casing. I was curious so I picked it up and looked at the head stamp. “38 TJ”. I just googled it and still have no clue what it is. Is it a 38 super? Is it a completely different round? Or is it similar to .223 Wylde, and just considered a chambering?

1 Like

38 TJ Brass (Small Pistol or Small Rifle primer)

38 Todd Jarrett
0.893 - 0.898 O.A.L.

Very similar to the .38 Super Comp but with modified extractor groove geometry to aide in full length resizing. Used mainly in competition raceguns.

google is not your friend

4 Likes

Thanks you guys. Now I’m curious as to how it shoots. -down the rabbit hole I go…- :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’ve shot it a few times it’s about the same as .38 super

2 Likes

I mean if I could make ammo like that, that’d be great. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

You really need to treat your body as a temple and be more choosy of the things you are putting in it… do not want to contract Lead & Ass disease! (LAD) it’s a real medical disease , read it on the internet

2 Likes

Fixed it for you
Smh stupid white lithium

2 Likes

was going to be your spell checker but the comic relief out weighted the benefit

2 Likes

I agree
I’m a terrible phone typer lol

1 Like

the round is chambered and the breech is closed, once it is in battery the trigger mechanism is allowed to release the shear, with the firing pin moving towards the primer found at the base of the cartridge. This striking action crushes the primer and a chemical reaction takes place igniting the propellant in the .38 TJ casing.The ensuing expanding gases than push the bullet out the barrel.
Pretty sure that is how it shoots…

3 Likes