.40 S&W Carbine

I am looking for a carbine in .40 that will take Glock mags. I’ve looked and really the only thing I’ve seen are Hi point and kel-tec. Was wondering if any of you had some possibilities.

1 Like

If you happen to have a spare Glock frame, you can pair it with a MechTech upper to convert it into a carbine.
MechTech

There is a little company out of Wisconsin called Thureon Defense which makes Glock Mag compatible .40’s.
Thureon Defense

I believe Tresna has some .40 SW models:
Tresna

If you have big bucks, there is the Kriss Vector
Kriss Vector Carbines

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

1 Like

Whoops. I forgot the Just Right Carbines.
Just Right Carbines

1 Like

What’s your take on the just right carbines? Know of anyone who has one??

1 Like

Friend of mine had a .45ACP Just Right Carbine. It was a decent enough little carbine but, if memory serves, no bolt hold open and the magazine well was a bit tight. Also, when they first came out, rumor was anything bigger than the 9mm had ejection issues with un-fired rounds. If you had a FTF, and ran the bolt to clear the round, the bullet wouldn’t clear the ejection port. I KNOW for sure this was an issue on the .45, but believe the .40 had the same problem.

1 Like

New Frontier Armory has an AR 15 lower that is purpose built for Glock magazines. The upper/bolt they make has a two piece bolt that allows you to replace the 9mm bolt front half with a .40 cal bolt front. That plus a .40 cal barrel are all you need for a 40 cal PCC. Well that and the balance of the AR /;-)). My NFA 9mm pistol has now been shot over 4000 rounds without a single hitch. I see no reason their .40 cal variant would be any different.

1 Like

i have the sub 2000 in 40 with glock mags. makes a nice pair to the model 35, but it is kinda wonky. mine is a older one and it is ok to shoot , but. mr McCollum did a review of a cmmg radial delayed ar pistol in 9 (also avail in 40) and it seems to have solved all the problems i have with my keltec. for a price. if you are on a budget go to a range and rent a keltech and try it out , if you can afford it look at the cmmg. the mag inserts are really cool too.

3 Likes

The CMMG’s are nice. I’ve heard good feedback from several owners.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Banshee with its radial delay blow back is the way to go in my opinion for AR based PCC’s. Far less tuning needed than straight blow back, with regard to buffer/buffer spring weight, to deal with the reciprocating mass.

4 Likes

I agree @CzechsixTV. I have a PSA Gen4 9mm straight blow back upper. It runs great and I really like it, but it did require some experimentation with buffer weight. They also blow more gas back in your face. LOL

2 Likes

In a AR frame there is a lot of messing around to make them run right, way different animal then .45 and 9mm for some reason. Really sensitive to mags, buffers, and springs. Spikes has glock mag lowers with LRBHO that work well, $150 or so last I checked, I have one carbine length and 1 pistol length, friend has pistol length, all 40S&W 2 Spikes and 1 80% (80% we used an upper with LRBHO).

4 Likes

my biggest gripe about the sub2k ,i am left eye dominate so yeah face full of splash every shot.

3 Likes