429 DESERT EAGLE!

7 Likes

Hmm, another specialty round? For the amount of money a DE cost, just get a .50ae, that’s what I did.

4 Likes

I had 2 of them in 50ae.

4 Likes

LonewolfMcQuade, et al:

I met a guy at a gun show one time who was having great difficulty selling his Desert Eagle. The gun looked great, his price (under $1,000), seemed reasonable. But, his gun was in the caliber .440 Corbon. Not exactly a common caliber.

And no, I did not buy it (either).

I am a big believer in sticking with well-established, common calibers.

For some reason, I could not make use of the link provided. What caliber will this new DE be in?

4 Likes

Judging from the price of the ammunition, reloading dies for this cartridge will soon be available.
Then its popularity should take off.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks, LonewolfMcQuade.

Hmmm, that sounds like .44 magnum (at least in diameter).

2 Likes

I believe it’s a necked down 50ae case with a 44 mag bullet

1 Like

should have bought it…it is worth way more now because they are rare pistols…

1 Like

rjburk:

I am not really a gun collector. All my guns have to serve a purpose - which means, I have to be able to find ammo for all of them relatively easily.

But, best of luck to those who do choose to collect guns. I certainly appreciate rare and beautiful guns, I just don’t want to spend my money on them in that way.

Thanks for the info, LonewolfMcQuade.

So, is this new .429 caliber trying to mimic the .44 mag? Certainly a worthy cause!

1 Like

DESERT eagle already comes in 44 mag. I think the 429 is the the 44 mag on steroids.

2 Likes

LonewolfMcQuade:

Wow! I am liking this!

Now, let’s see how well it is received.

Thanks.

2 Likes

429 shoots 44 mag bullet at 1600fps…

3 Likes

And I was thinking my shoulder had recovered from 50 and 44 mag, now I will try the steroid loading spoken about above. Its just a shoulder joint, I have to replace the prosthesis again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like