.450 Bushmaster, need suggestions on a brake

Need some suggestions on a muzzle brake that will reduce the most amount of recoil for a .450 Bushmaster with 5/8 x 32 thread pitch. I had a couple in mind but honestly I am out of my element with this. Obviously I like one style over the other aesthetically, tank style, but I need function over form.

Tank style brake:

Competition style:

Obviously there are a ton of brakes out there so I think I need to find someone who has some real world experience with them on .450 BM rifles specifically.

5 Likes

This style in the appropriate caliber

3 Likes

i think that one is for the ruger precision only but, ive seen them for all styles of rifles. I use the Ruger precision.

3 Likes
4 Likes

That’s so funny, those are the exact two sites I first found. HAH! I wanted to get opinions from my mates here before I went with some stranger on the internets. That tank brake they mention, the TPI Competition one is so far the one that speaks to me the most–I just didn’t trust ebay. So if that one has the most amount of recoil reduction then it is a no-brainer.

2 Likes

I got mine off of there… its been good so far.

2 Likes

That’s good to know. And is it ok for me to assume as long as the thread pitch matches 5/8x32 it’ll work on an AR .450 BM barrel as well as the Ruger Precision?

1 Like

That question I would pose to our local gunsmith.

1 Like

I went with the Tromix……the Ruger brake is not very good…

3 Likes

Tromix all the way
But if your anything like some of us after a while you’ll have a few to choose from and you can test witch one is best yourself

2 Likes