475 Bishop Short Magnum

Read more: Introducing the 475 Bishop Short Magnum Cartridge
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Introducing the 475 Bishop Short Magnum Cartridge

Ammoland Inc. Posted on January 13, 2020 by Ammoland

475 Bishop Short Magnum

475 Bishop Short Magnum

USA – -(AmmoLand.com)- The 475 Bishop Short Magnum cartridge, designed by Bishop Ammunition and Firearms for the AR475GAR Semi-Automatic Rifle and 475 Safari Bolt Action. Each case is CNC machined from brass by Roberson Cartridge Company.

475 Bishop Short Magnum Cartridge

The projectiles, 0.475″ Cal, 390 gr jacketed hollow point custom made by Hawk Precision or the 390 gr Copper Hollow Point custom made by Cutting Edge Bullets and was designed by Bishop Ammunition and Firearms. The 475 Bishop Short Magnum violently expands while also providing deep penetration and maximum transfer of energy. The result is a lethal wound on any game in the world for a one-shot one kill situation.

The 475 Bishop Short Magnum achieves deep penetration crushing bone. The bullet at 1,500 yards has as much energy and velocity as a 45 Colt fired point-blank. This cartridge has successfully passed through 3 concrete building blocks. When you have only one shot and it must count this cartridge will take any game in the world.

7 Likes

I always wanted a AR15 chambered in the 375 SOCOM it’s a impressive round also.

5 Likes

I was just about to share the same article! It sounds cool.

5 Likes

Definitely packs a good wallop!

3 Likes

Yeah I bet it kicks pretty good. I was thinking it would be sweet in a lever action, but on second thought, maybe not so sweet in the shoulder.

3 Likes

Lever would be cool, with the addition of a Limbsaver recoil pad.

2 Likes

Best New Guns and Gear of the 2020 SHOT Show

We are under Day Two

2 Likes

AR47GAR in 475 Bishop

Bishop AR-10 Rifle

Chambered in .475 Bishop, the AR47GAR may be the most powerful AR-10 in the world.Bishop Firearms

If big-bore ARs are your thing, this is the biggest one made. Merissa Bishop, president of Bishop Ammunition and Firearms and a disabled U.S. Military combat veteran, matter of factly told me that the .475 Bishop cartridge, “Produces 5,500 foot-pounds of muzzle energy. It’s the most powerful AR-10 available, and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.”

Then she asked if I’d like to shoot it, and I sure did. There was some recoil, but the rifle was easily manageable, thanks in large part to the massive 8-port muzzle break, and it had a nice trigger of about 2.5 pounds. I put a couple rounds through it and would’ve liked to have shot it more, but seeing as how the price of ammo is $140 per box of 20, the gun is not really made for plinking.

The .475 Bishop round is loaded with either a 390-grain solid copper hollowpoint or a 390-grain jacketed hollowpoint, traveling at 2,500 fps at the muzzle. It is, according to Bishop, the largest case that will fit the throat of a standard AR10 chamber. The rifle that shoots it is a custom-fit work of art, with a 7+1 round capacity and a variety of Cerakote and other finish options available. It ships with a certificate for 100 cases and 100 projectiles, a set of Lee reloading dies and data, and a lockable hard case. $3,000; bishopammunition.com —W.B.

2 Likes

Very impressive Dianne!! Welcome @BishopAmmoFirearms to Full 30, great to have you here with us!

4 Likes

Now we just need to wait for our channel here to open up.

3 Likes

@Robert

2 Likes

:speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

375 SOCOM is sounding really good especially if you reload, $140 for 20 rounds ? that will be a hot seller…lol

2 Likes

4 Likes

Brass needs a tracking chip embedded in it so that when it gets ejected into the puckerbrush it can be found.

3 Likes

Think man think!!

4 Likes

You’re reading wayyy too much into what I wrote.

At the price those turned brass are going to be worth ($140/20 loaded ammo) it was my way of saying the user better not lose any. I thought I indicated that with the “into the puckerbrush” statement.

4 Likes

@Belt-Fed

5 Likes

I done posted old news.lol

5 Likes