5.7x28 options

I have been considering a 5.7x28 weapon, handled the new Ruger LC Carbine and it is not a heavy log like the PC carbine, looked at the Kel-Tec P50, and the Ruger 57 pistol, watched some reviews on the PSA 5.7 Rock and it seems to be a good pistol…the Kel-tec with 50 round capacity is hard to beat compared to 20 for the Rugers…not sure which way I will go, anyone have first hand experience with any of them ?

7 Likes

I have the Ruger 57, it works fine and with little recoil, almost like a 22. I like the feel of the FN better but not at twice the price so i got the Ruger. The big drawback is the ammo for them, it’s expensive and not a lot of choices.

8 Likes

We already know which one you will buy.

7 Likes

PSA has there pistol as low as $ 499 and the P50 Kel-Tec on clearance for $ 749…two pretty good deals…

7 Likes

You know yer buyin the kel tec.

7 Likes

and probably 5 or 6 of them in different colors to boot.

7 Likes

A_ _ hole…

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Probably but you know i’m right. I think only three manufactures make ammo for it now, Federal, FN and Fiocchi. Federal is the cheapest. that fn stuff is like 65 bucks a box around here.

7 Likes

I had been checking ammo prices trying to decide if I was going to buy something in that caliber, not cheap to shoot now for sure…

7 Likes

You can find the federal online for 35 a box, not too bad but still too high. you can buy 10mm cheaper and that shouldn’t be. but with said it is a fun shooter. just can’t go out and shoot 3 to 4 hundred rounds with it.

7 Likes

I have been looking at 10mm also, probably a Glock.

7 Likes

Look at the Springfield armory XDM elite and you will buy it.

7 Likes

I have shot the FN57 and a P90 sub gun. This round was designed to shoot through body armour. Fun to play with but it doesn’t do much but make a tiny hole in what you shoot.
Too expensive for just something to go blasting with.

7 Likes

Yeah but if we go off world through a wormhole the 5.7 is the boss

7 Likes

I had one in 9mm and did not like it much…too heavy, too use to light Glocks.

5 Likes

If I ever find a Stargate I’ll know what I need to get a hold of.

6 Likes

With the P50 not much use to carry extra mags, maybe a good truck gun for all the lefties…

6 Likes

Probably just piss em off, go with the 10mm for that. lol

6 Likes

Hmm i have a glock 20 and 40 and the XDM feels lighter to me. it also has a better grip to me.

6 Likes

Your weight feelers are messed up from lifting all those big girls in the Van… :grin:

6 Likes