5 GUNS THAT MIGHT BE BETTER THAN A GLOCK...

3 Likes

STI 2011 “might be” better than a Glock?

I wont even read past that dumb-ass remark

7 Likes

Better is an opinion. The better firearm is the one that suits the need. A Springfield Armory TRP 1911 is better than a Glock. But would I say the same in regards to my EDC? No, it’s hard to beat a Glock for a carry weapon. IMO it has the features I prefer in a carry weapon. No exposed hammer or other parts like safety, mag release, slide release. Has no sharp or pointy bits. Very cost effective. They’re light weight, and most important, super reliable. Now, as for a range weapon, the Glock falls way short. I really don’t even bother spending much time shooting Glocks at the range, I have better guns for that.

8 Likes

Some would say a hi point is better . Your right it Depends on the application.

4 Likes

Traffic here was slow today, don’t kill the messenger :joy: not “necessarily” my views. Just trying to spur some discussion

3 Likes

3 Likes

We all know I’m not a fan of the Glock like most
But that article is very subjective
And nine of those were in the same range dollar wise as the Glock
Just my .02

3 Likes

Yeaaah think I’d rather carry muh glock then those suggested. Maybe the hk…?? But I know my glock has performed when asked. I now carry my shield more then anything because of the size.

4 Likes

ppq is a great example of a glock rival. I actually bought one and now I am thinking about carrying it over my glock 19 gen 5

3 Likes

I know it is kind of big but what ever you do - do not check out the PPG5M/SF

2 Likes

I believe my Canik TP9DA is better than any of the 9mm Glocks I’ve fired. And for half the price. AND it’s based on a Walther design (P99) so the trigger is superior versus the factory Glock. Though if I’m honest and money no object a PPQ .45 would be my preference. They really should do a 10mm…

3 Likes

Disclaimer: I’m not a Glock fan, but I own 2 or 3. I am definitely respectful to the platform they made.

The first three choices they put put down, wouldn’t even have been on my list. #4 is just a fancy kind of Glock, and #5 is literally a fancy Glock.

FNH, Sig and Springfield

3 Likes

Good choicesđź‘Ť

2 Likes

I guess it depends on what you consider the Glock’s best features.

Reliable.

You don’t get attached to them so you can dump them after a shoot (including police confiscation).

High capacity where that is allowed.

That’s all I can come up with. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

ok, i have to ask… whats wrong with the Glock as a range weapon?

1 Like

Far better options. Glock has a linkage between the trigger and the striker, and it’s a bit sloppy.

2 Likes

like the Sig Scorpion my daughter has? Lol

ive discovered i can group tighter with my Glock if i rapid fire. i always shoot better with a 1911. i just dont like carrying them.

3 Likes

We’ll be seeing you on an episode of “Cheaters” …

3 Likes

I’ve been guilty of a date or two :shushing_face:

2 Likes

:joy::rofl:

1 Like