5 GUNS THAT MIGHT BE BETTER THAN A GLOCK...

I carry a Kimber 1911 most of the time. I have 3 glocks. A 19,17 and a 36. If I am on the motorcycle it is 1 of the glocks on my side. If I am sliding down the road I can replace the glock a lot easier than my first gen Kimbers. My Glocks work all the time and shoot well. Better is in the eye of the user.

3 Likes

Yet plenty of professional shooters including LE, Military and Competitive choose it. Really, every platform has its merits and its downfalls. Its up to the user to decide what set of pros and cons they want to deal with. Glcks stock sights suck and their stock trigger is pretty sub par, imo. I could point out a design flaw in just about every and any platform because no platform is perfect and very rarely is one necessarily better than another.

4 Likes

There wouldnt be 3 gun world champs or SF guys running them if they sucked. Its a preference thing. Glocks are ugly though.

4 Likes

Better than Maury Povich , i suppose.

2 Likes

I know several LE that are issued glocks for duty but when they are off duty carry a wide variety of models but most of the older guys carry 1911s.

3 Likes

Everybody has their own preferences, the 1911 can be a helluva gun.

3 Likes

Glocks are hammers. Not intended to be pretty, just perform a single function and do it without failure.

3 Likes

Jeez, that reminds me of a 77 Impala with twennah fohhs :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

When it comes to semi auto pistols all I own is SIG. Iā€™m not a huge fan of glocks. Iā€™ll give credit where itā€™s due and admit that they are very reliable. But when a gun is very reliable they are also very sloppy. They arenā€™t as accurate and the triggers feel weird to me. But yes, theyā€™re reliable

5 Likes

Lol not meā€¦ive offended my quota today in other threads though.

3 Likes

Accuracy depends on the person shooting it. Plenty of pro 3 gun/practical shooters run Glock 34s (9mm with longer barrel). Its not a bulls eye pistol by any means but its on par with its peers such as the Sig p226/320, HKs, etc etc as a combat pistol.

2 Likes

Have to agree that ā€œbetterā€ is in the eye of the beholder. I have never liked Glocks, they just donā€™t feel right in my hand, but I donā€™t deny that they are solid, reliable guns.

Regards

4 Likes