5 minutes to war!

The question is you have 5 minutes to grab stuff to go to war. I was tagged by Zekeshoots
For this question so here is my answer.

15 Likes

Who are the 3 tags you picked have you given them directions to find us?

Would like to see you catalog the responses and previous tags in this thread, where was @ZEKESHOOTS as I missed it :frowning:

6 Likes

At 4:40 in the video I added a card that tells people to check out the Full30 forum. I also have a link in the description to Full30 forum to the thread that Joe started titled “the disease SHTF scenario” Because I believe that there is good info for people to think about in that thread.
I will put Zeke’s video up here.

8 Likes

And for the people that want to see me get called out here is Zeke’s video!

10 Likes

oh yeah, zeke in the shower, :facepalm:

and to think

I thought I missed it :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

I was getting ready to build yesterday. lol. I did think about doing it in the shower, but i would have gotten my AK sling wet so i decided against it.

7 Likes

I like doin it in the shower

7 Likes

Main problem I have with carrying a bic lighter, is that they are a pressurized cylinder of flammable gas. During the safety lecture of a welding class, it was stated that they have an explosive force around the level of 1/4 stick of dynamite, and given that they are plastic cylinders, they are not good to have around anything hot (like a welder).

Zippo lighters contain flammable liquid, but they are metal and not pressurized, so they aren’t going to get all explody.

11 Likes

[quote=“Belt-Fed, post:7, topic:14467”]
I like doin it in the shower
[/quote]:grin::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

That is a legitimate concern.

8 Likes

Had one fall out of my pocket once, roughly 100’ fall to concrete, must have landed on the flint wheel as it blew up about as you described, I was pretty shocked

10 Likes

I’ve got a couple of the small bic lighters in my toolbox at work, but I treat them as a hazard when I use them. At home, I mainly use matches.

I’ve got a couple propane camping stoves, and a few of the tiny, folding, single burner backpack stoves that sit on top of the smaller pressurized fuel canisters (usually a mix of butane and other gases, as I recall). They are great for camping, but the thought of taking them anywhere that I expect the possibility of someone shooting at me, puts them into the “nope, don’t want that anywhere near me” category.

Matches, Zippo lighters, alcohol stoves, and even the little folding metal boxes that let you cook over a small wood fire, all have some definite advantages in some situations.

8 Likes

I would probably die if I only had five minutes, I do not have a bug out bag or a stock of food and water. I do have a working well and it’s a dug well so a bucket could retrieve water if needed. I have a few guns and mags loaded but not a lot. I have plenty of ammo. if law broke down or an invasion, I don’t plan on leaving here. too old to go far. hmmmm… I may need more toilet paper. I have plenty of deer meat but if electricity was to go it would ruin.

11 Likes

If I had only 5 minutes, I could manage rifle, handgun, loaded mags, plate carrier, boots, and a couple bottles of water. Anything more than that, is going to involve sorting through stuff that’s packed up and stored in more than one room.

Main reason I could manage as much as I could in 5 minutes, is that I live in a rural area, so police response time is more in line with showing up when it’s time to interview witnesses and make reports.

10 Likes

You can smell one a block away. We were told to keep them in the firebase when we went out on patrol. They also can leak and burn your leg, or your jewels. (been there, done that. Fording streams gets them wet also. A Piezo striker is water proof and fuelless.

9 Likes

If society collapses to a point where my only survival option is to bug out of my home in 5 minutes, I would rather die quickly. There are worse things than death, IMHO.

9 Likes

It’s all right here. I’m staying put and sitting it out.

7 Likes

Grab my loaded MLD Exodus backpack of camping gear which includes sleeping quilt, shelter, water treatment, warm clothes, fire making, light.
7 lbs.
Ruger Mini 14, 5 loaded mags.
12 lbs.
Head to the pantry and grab 5 lb jar of peanut butter, fritos, tortillas, and 1 lb jar of Nutella.
6 lbs.

Total loadout; 25 lbs without water.

11 Likes

It’s the little things! And good for calories.

9 Likes

I always have water purification straws and or pumps with me. Kinda like a CAT… just gear I usually always have. There are only a few spots around where I live I can trust the water… and that is like 15 hours away by foot.
Plenty of fresh water around, just needs to be filtered.

7 Likes