5D Tactical 2-1/2 jobs

Dang, After turning out a flawless 556 and a 9/40 with a slightly out of shape trigger hole, got careless about 1/2 way through a 308 lower and chipped the tip off of one of the flutes of the mill bit. Wasn’t hanging on tight enough I guess, maybe tried to cut too deep, who knows.
New complete mill in the mail ($44.00), plus a replacement bit only ($26.00)
Anyway, lesson learned.

7 Likes

pics?

6 Likes

I’ve been eyeing that jig recently I really want it

2 Likes

Or it didn’t happen. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I really like it, just got a little careless.

5 Likes

I thought I heard something Snap!

3 Likes

I was about 1/2 way down the second step. made another pass, still cutting could of finished but I have plenty of other projects to keep me from my chores. And I hate dull/chipped tools

5 Likes

Same here. But I struggle to actually throw them away -unless they’re straight up broken of course. This means I have an assortment of “just in case I really wanna hog something out” bits floating around the toolbox. Downside is they never seem to get used and have a real knack for finding their way back into the good pile. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

I have more crappy bits then anyone in the world. If I was a little closer to the bottom of step 2 I would have finished, step 3 is basically just the trigger slot.

3 Likes

Finished it up today

When I was putting the new mill on I noticed the old one was not tight, not sure if that caused the problem or not. Something to keep an eye on. Have a few things left to go, comp or brake, FCG, BCG. I have a couple gas blocks but may spend the money on an adjustable. Also, have a mill spec safety but really like the Radian Talon 45 deg Ambi, there goes another 50 bucks…

5 Likes

Looks pretty! :grin:

2 Likes

There is a little chatter about 1/2 way down. May be due to the loose mill or when it grabbed, jumped, and chipped a tooth. Other then that matches up with the upper, looks good.

3 Likes

Finished it up
Sig Sauer 12.5" 716 barrel .308 caliber
80% lower
Toolcraft NiB BCG
SBA3 pistol brace
Tubbs flat wire spring
KVP 5.8 buffer
Radian Talon 45 safety

Handguard and Brake off ebay

8 Likes

Has this been test fired already

2 Likes

Have some range time planned this weekend.
Concerns?

3 Likes

Well, move it already!! We’re all waiting to hear how she runs!:rofl::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’ll test fire the 223’s in the basement from time to time but I’m thinking this thing will be LOUD, better wait till Saturday

4 Likes

Good idea! Looking forward to your range report.

3 Likes

You never know if a build is gonna work till you pull the trigger that’s the best part brother

3 Likes

Tru dat.
I know it’s going to work, eventually. I’ve bought factory AR308’s that I could say the same thing about

1 Like