80% 1911 slide to frame fit calculator

Everyone, Before I go live with this I figured that I would post it here first to see what everyone thinks.

I have been working with a slide to frame fit calculator and need some people to beat on this a little to see if I forgot something or the directions are not clear.

http://trb.fyi/1911-slide-to-frame-fitting-calculator/

Let me know what you think.

4 Likes

Uh-ooh…

Is this math and science?

0_bmSemqKK1I-vK2it_

1 Like

Good start, but it is not user friendly at the moment.
Just to be clear I was using my phone.

1. The dimension fields should be labeled “slide” and “frame” or 1A, 2A… having the headers at the very top of the table is confusing.
  2. Spec rows should be clearly identified.
  3. Encourages loose fitting slides due to frame spec shown. Anything below .119 will be in red.

I would also encourage people to check slides and frames by measuring in multiple spots to identify problematic parts before fitting.

2 Likes

Thanks @Mosinvirus.

I am having some problems with the plugin and doing the colors. Plus some of my formulas are not working like I want them to.

I plan on revisiting this in February when I can dedicate some time to it.

I totally agree with your findings and you definitely point out some problems with the page.

Thanks so munch for looking. Since I am not a web designer, I sometimes have problems figuring out the user experience.

I will post an update in a few weeks.

3 Likes

I made some changes to it today. Check it out now and see if it is a little more user friendly.

2 Likes

Oh wait… the pictures are not showing up in the table. Crap, they are there in the preview of the post but now showing up in the live post.

2 Likes

Now pictures are showing up. Give it a try.

1 Like

Just took a look.

As a calculator i think it would be good to calculate amount of material to be removed.

The pictures do make it a lot clearer.

1 Like

Thanks!

I was originally going that route of how much to remove but ran into all of the other problems and wanted to tackle them first. Not that I have the calculations down I just need to figure out how much running clearance and then I can convert the final column to how much to remove (the true reason that column exists).

BTW think I can talk you into building an unregistered gun for me? I would pay you $1000 and I live in Wilmington, DE (well I used to live in Wilmington, DE a while back) :slight_smile: Sorry couldn’t resist being a smart a$$.

LOL.

2 Likes

@TheRogueBanshee is this updated and working properly ? Just wanted to know before I start using it

3 Likes

The calculations are working (I just ran a 1911 through it to check). I am still ironing out the clearance sections (competition, carry and commercial) but if you put your frame and slide measurements in the calculator will tell you if you are in spec or not by the way of the colors).

I also put a lightbox in so that if you click on the thumbnail you get a bigger picture of what you are measuring.

2 Likes

I just updated it. Try it out now. Having problems with the colors changing but if you keep hitting tab to get though the fields the start changing.