80% Tools

I’ve seen a couple recent videos posted here on the Matrix rail cutter,

I do have one and like it, curious what everyone has in their 80% toolbox?

6 Likes

@Robert I get to cheat a little since most tools are a business expense for me. So specific 1911 80% tools I own. Can you tell I like Matrix Precision?

Plus all sizes of these

I have all 3 sizes of these

4 Likes

Awesome!

Tools are as much fun as the guns sometimes, I often regret selling them more also :slightly_frowning_face: so try not to, have any finished 80%'s to post?

2 Likes

Not yet. This particular one is kind of a really personal so it will not be on display that much. I will do others in the future though.

1 Like

Ewwwww, a secret weapon?

Like this?

or like this?

4 Likes

Yea… I am building a 1911 in 88 magnum.

In reality, it is a commemorative gun. I got the test firing done a few weeks ago and I may post pictures of it after I get done the Cerakote job. Haven’t decided yet.

I will tell you that I learned SO much from building an 80%. I knew how a 1911 worked now I understand how it works.

I have watched @Mosinvirus for years on YT. There is something about him that makes you want to take a file to a gun.

6 Likes

Now you have to dive into an 80 series 1911, and there are other differences to be learned

88 magnum? your’e dangerously close to the list now for sure :wink:

2 Likes

I plan on.

I wonder how many people will pick up on the 88 Magnum comment. You are right, I am dangerously and yes I do know my last name is an adverb :confused:

1 Like

David at Matrix is a stand up kind of guy. And he goes abou business in a very respectable way. Always takes care of his customers.

I actually had an idea for another tool and I contacted him about it. He is way too busy with stuff he already makes and sells, but eventually that might happen too.

It will make shaping bottom lugs a bit easier.

2 Likes

I agree. David is awesome.

Any chance I can get a “prototype” when you can spare one? :worried:

1 Like

I would love to see Waffenschmiedin X finish her Sig 1911 Clone. Of course she is going the 0% route though…

1 Like

I just checked out her channel. She makes someone like me a complete amateur. Respect.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Very much how I feel.

4 Likes

An 80% build is on my todo list… eventually…

Too many fun guns to get!

4 Likes

Hmmmm, I should of been paying closer attention to some of these threads.

2 Likes

She has some mad skills. It’s crazy when she wants to cut something like her slide rails… she just makes the tool and then cuts.

Buy an extractor for $10… nope she turns on on a lathe and then cuts it out.

2 Likes

That would be building it from scratch. Props to her.

2 Likes

Here is an 80% my wife worked on. She calls the Cerakote job Hippieflage

3 Likes

clearly its not dangerous :laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes