9MM 1911s vs the Browning Hi Power?

• Hi Power
  • Neither, give me plastic

0 voters

5 Likes

If you’re going to have an all-steel single action handgun in 9mm, I vote Hi-Power over 1911.
Double stack, higher capacity, no grip safety, overall sleeker profile. And a few other reasons why I like it better.

Now if you’re talking .45 acp, make mine the 1911😎

9 Likes

Have some affection for the Hi-Power. Respect for 1911. Agree with @Comanchero45 each is best with it’s native cartridge. At least they’re both steel.

Before the flaming starts, I own a 'Drastic Plastic 40 CZ P09.

10 Likes

come on no decision to be made - the first wonder nine before the wonder nine was even thought about.
FN GP35 all the way (Browning Hipower)

8 Likes

P35 for me in a SA handgun. But mind you I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a 1911 in 9mm flavor if someone wanted to give me one (my birthday is coming up gents!). But P35s are prone to breakage, so I’ve heard, so I have been known to shoot a plastic wonder 9 in competition.

8 Likes

Question for those who like the P35… is your mag safety removed? I’m betting that it is.

8 Likes

Usually this order
1 HP
2 75b
3 1911

No offence but …
Plastic is for making dildos. >>>>>IMHO<<<<<

6 Likes

Did you say…

5 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Are you inferring the Hi-Power is on a par with the Hi-Point?

Doth thou taketh John Moses Browning’s last contribution to the shooting world and besmirch it publicly?

Sacrilege! Away I say! To the stocks with you!

:rofl:

8 Likes

JMB liked the Hi Power and 9mm more than the 1911 in .45 ACP, Why is it the Canadian (srdiver) and mjrfd99 are the only ones that get it?

7 Likes

:laughing:

6 Likes

I am calling the Exorcist for @srdiver, maybe we can get a bogo deal…

:innocent:

7 Likes