9mm magwell adapter??

Thinking of doing my first build in 9mm and hoping to get some advice on weather i should go with a magwell adapter or something like the Mean Arms magazine adapter? I have not had experience with either one. Thanks for any suggestions.

9 Likes

I set one up using the torkmag adapter (40 SW) worked pretty good, but after buying the lower and the adapter you are probably into it close the same amount as just getting a 9mm lower to start with. I built 2 on the spikes 100% 9mm lowers and one on a 5D 80% 9mm lower, The Spikes were nice because the LRBHO is in the lower so any AR15 or AR9 upper works, the 5D 80% I used a New Frontier Armory 9mm upper with the LRBHO.
Also, look into the Odin Works 9mm adjustable buffer, my opinion best option for blowback builds.

9 Likes

The Mean Arms inserts for Pmags work great. I also have a magwell adapter for glock mags. It works ok but the Mean Arms inserts are so much better. Uses the same mag release as normal.

10 Likes

Thanks for the input! Since i already have the lowers I think i will try the Mean arms insert first. I think being able to use the existing mag release will be less irritating to me Once i get it done i will reply back with my experience.

7 Likes

Did I miss your introduction?

7 Likes

You must have it was a couple of weeks ago.

7 Likes

@Joe I promise I made sure and did my intro! LOL Well I think i’m going to have to hold off on the 9mm build for a little bit and just make sure i can get all the different parts I need before who knows what happens in the next month. then i will see what i can build with what i have!

7 Likes