A gun behind every blade of grass...

Copied this from FB, something to ponder…

True story and most people will never know it.
Here’s an interesting side bar. After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California to finish what they started. The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River . Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships in other localities, so why did they not invade?
After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. Their answer…they know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them

The world’s largest army… America 's hunters! I had never thought about this…
A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:
There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin …
Allow me to restate that number.
Over the last several months, Wisconsin ’s hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.
More men under arms than in Iran .
More than in France and Germany combined.
These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.
That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters,
All of whom have now returned home.
Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that
The hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. The number of Hunters in the state of Texas would be the largest standing army in the world by it’s self.
The point?
America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.
Hunting – it’s not just a way to fill the freezer. It’s a matter of national security.
That’s why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.
Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

Thank you for posting. I plan to share this if you don’t mind.

Oh yes, agree 100%
Can you imagine the hunters out here in Montana?
I say this because out here, shooting at very long distances is the norm. People drop deer, elk, etc. At 400 to 1200 yards ALL the time. The state is filled with country loving “snipers” that would be more than willing to take some foreign invaders into their sights with their 4 to 5 thousand dollar long range rifles. hahahahahaa
I think even despite California’s laws… that state would be a hard win for any invasion. Nevada would come to the rescue just for the fun of it.

Go right ahead. Like I said, I found it on FB.

Yep, I’m sure.

Last numbers I saw for Tennessee were around 700,000 hunting licenses and around 500,000 handgun carry permits.

What an invader would find out is there would be no rules of engagement . We would be as ruthless as we could nothing would be off limits. So invade at your own risk.

Exactly!

It would be epic!

uh-huh,

Take away the Tech/5g, fast food/conveniences, marijuana and 450,000 will fall apart/surrender the first week

Not likely. If you went through the trouble and expense of getting a carry permit then your not likely to be worried about creature comforts when someone is trying to invade either their home or country. Not saying they a few of them won’t be sissies, just not the majority.

Tennessee requires taking an approved class, passing a written test, range qualification, photo, fingerprints, background check, and paying the fees, to get a carry permit.

It’s just anecdotal evidence, but the range where I qualified is also used for armed guard permit applicants. On that day, roughly half were there for carry permits, with the rest applying for armed guard permits. Each one of the carry permit applicants easily qualified. The armed guard permit applicants weren’t doing as well, with the RSO having to call a few cease fires to clear up some issues they were having.

One armed guard permit applicant was having trouble hitting a target from a range of 3 yards (target distance varied from 3 yards to 15 yards), and another armed guard applicant commented that it seemed odd that they were having so much trouble handling a gun, while they were also wearing a military field jacket. The response was that they had served in the army (discharged in the last year), but they drove a truck, rarely handled a rifle, and had not handled a pistol before that day.

Same in NC.

How do you miss a target at 3 yards?!! I guess if you had your eyes closed.

Those politicians who think they can disarm the US citizens are badly in error.

Same in Missouri.

Michigan:

621,327 concealed pistol licenses as of Feb 2018.
547,127 deer hunters in 2017.
12% of the adult population has a carry permit in my county of residence.

We have about 200,000 hunters in Montana on average.

Growing up on the east coast, I was always amazed at the hunting distances here in Montana. At 100 yard we would rethink our shots because there was usually a house at 101 yards… Here… people warm up at 300 yards at the range.

Have an invading army, tell a hunter from Montana that it is hunting season, there is no bag limit and the season started yesterday. Guaranteed results in a week.

I have to agree. Even though the hunting numbers I posted are not up to date, there is only 1.06 million people in the state.
So in hunters alone (I think I could only find 2013) about a quarter of the population hunts.
Average gun owner has 25 guns in Montana…
In my shop, I have about 75% of the gun owners never hunt. (Mainly because I sell long range, military type, pistols, or competition firearms)
So at least here in Montana, you could assume that 1/3 of the population is into some sort of shooting sport or uses firearms for something. I have literally met countless people who do not hunt but then need or want a long range .22 to pop gophers. IE, they are shooters.
When growing up in Washington’s heavy timber, I really never shot over 200 yards. That was considered really long shot out in the Puget Sound. Out in Montana, I regularly shoot with my DC AR at 425 yards with a red dot and 3x magnifier.
And while we do have a large number of people who hate guns in this country or who only have shot a firearm on a video game… the fact remains we have a LOT of people who really do know how to shoot, own more than one firearm, have lots of ammo… and would gladly head out in their Sitka gear to send rounds down range at an invading force.
While I do not wish for that to ever happen… it would be one epic moment for a few weeks while the USA slaughtered them.

I don’t think we have to worry about a invation. What we need to worry about is the loss of our rights caused by our own government . They are a far greater danger to us than any other country.