A HOUSE DIVIDED: Remington Asset Bids Come to Light

Had no idea this was so extensive

13 Likes

So sad

10 Likes

Remington has made one bomb after another with really stupid decision making processes.
They saw some trends but, laid a turd everytime when trying to capitalize on them.
Trend - magazine fed shotguns = Turd 870DM (worst magazine design ever)
Additionally, they completely failed to correct issues with their rifle lines (especially the 700 series)
The final straw was mismanagement and a huge lawsuit.
All of this is my .02 of course

14 Likes

So, Ruger gets Marlin (yay!).

But, not sure from reading the article who gets the Remington brand of firearms. I am hoping whoever gets it, takes good care of their shotgun line (which is the best of the Remington-named firearms).

15 Likes

It’s sad to see an old firearms mfg. go to shit as Remington has, Their quality has dropped for many years and they have made some turds. Remington is not what our grand parents had years ago.

15 Likes

Have you ever checked out the old Smith & Wesson shotguns, they were much better then the Remington in my opinion.

10 Likes

Im also glad Ruger got Marlin. They make no nonsense firearms for an affordable price.
, Plus theyre American.

I foresee nothing but good things to come of this.

12 Likes

What is happening to the rest of Remmington?

PSA gets the ammo line

Ruger gets Marlin

11 Likes

Read the article, its very extensive

10 Likes

I read some of it and like what I see but will finish it later.

Franklin Armory buying Bushmaster is awesome…maybe we will see a decent ACR out of them.

11 Likes

I thought so as well, but don’t know their intent with it

11 Likes

@Detonics

I presume you mean their double barrel shotguns…? No, I never checked them out.

I did, however, have one of the Ruger Red Label shotguns for a while. Did not like it, so I sold it. Quality (fit and finish - which really became noticeable when I disassembled it), just wasn’t there.

And to be clear, I am a huge fan of Remington’s 870 line of shotguns. I don’t know what else in shotguns they make/have made, but it’s the 870’s I am referring to.

I guess every gun maker has their guns they make well, and their guns that should be avoided. (At least for Ruger, Smith & Wesson, and Beretta…)

8 Likes

So this means Mossberg won the rivalry , right?

8 Likes

JJE gets DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker.

JJE owns Palmetto State Armory, and they have hinted that at least part of the reason for buying H&R was that H&R made M-1 Garands in the past.

9 Likes

Whoever bought them, hopefully will make better quality guns.

10 Likes

I have an old 20 gauge by them

9 Likes

The older Smith & Wesson was one of the best models 3000 and 1000 , which model is yours ?

7 Likes

That’s what I say. I’m dancing for that one. The thing I’m worried about is who bought Barnes Ammunition.

9 Likes

Sierra LLC was the high bidder for Barnes. That might work out just fine.

Pity about Remington. It’s been uphill for their Illion home base with Czar Cuomo on their back. And the bone-head handgun misstarts and always-the-wrong-twist for potentially great new cartridges didn’t help.

8 Likes

Heck if i know, ain’t seen it in 15 years, it’s in the back of one of the safes and i don’t even know which one.

10 Likes