A HOUSE DIVIDED: Remington Asset Bids Come to Light

I think it’s a 1000…i think

9 Likes

That’s the 1000 semi-auto … Very nice :grinning:

8 Likes

I haven’t found a bullet that exceeds Barnes quality made by Sierra. Not one. They will bring Barnes down hill

4 Likes

I honestly am in shock that someone who reloads would actually think that would be an okay purchase. Sierra is the bottom of the barrel for me. They will ruin Barnes

4 Likes

STATEMENT FROM RUGER

unnamed-2

8 Likes

Really? Guess I’m just a traditionalist. Or lazy and want a stable product that will be available. I have been loading the Sierra #1400 in .222 Rem and currently .223 Rem (in 1:12" twist) for 40 years and have been very satisfied with it. I currently hunt with the new(er) 6.5mm 130 gr GameChanger #4330 and that’s working out as well.

Honestly I’ve never tried Barnes . . . under any of the prior four prior owners. Guess they must be adaptable; so you don’t think Sierra can do better than Remington? ;-). Sierra has owned Sierra since 1947 and hasn’t had to cut-and run or go bankrupt. Just say’n.

8 Likes

Hornady and Barnes both outperform Sierra in wound channel tests, weight retention, and coefficients. Hands down, look it up, it’s not an opinion

6 Likes

Here’s an interesting read with a few examples of top bullets from different brands.

8 Likes

I’ve killed a lot of Deer with Sierra 168 BTHP’s and never had to shoot one twice and they mostly never got a step before going down, Best group I ever shot was with Sierra 6.5 120 HPBT Matchking. I have shot two Deer with Sierra 300 BTHP’s out of a 338 Lapua and I don’t see how any other bullet could do any better…The Nosler Custom Competition is by far the worst bullet accuracy wise I ever tried in my 6 Creedmoor( wondered why price was so low ) Hornady has worked best for that rifle and caliber. I have used Berger and Lapua bullets and never saw where they did anything better than Sierra or Hornady, No two guns are going to shoot the same, some will like one thing, some will like something else. I never put much stock in the gel tests and all that stuff, I go by what happens when it hits flesh and Sierra has always performed 100% for me. I would also say if I shot 10 Deer with ten different 150 grain bullets there would be a slim chance there would be any difference in the outcome.

10 Likes

FYI:

11 Likes

Reading that article made me all giddy inside. It’s like Christmas. They are a better fit as an owner of Marlin than any other company out there.

9 Likes

@Joe

I agree. I am excited to see what they will do. Hmmm, could mean a new rifle to buy!

9 Likes
6 Likes

I have had great accuracy results with Sierra bullets.

8 Likes

What kind of glue do you use to keep em stuck on the wooden stick?

8 Likes

Made out of horse hoofs

7 Likes

I didn’t say they can’t be accurate. I will say that no article will put their bullets above Hornady and Barnes in long range performance. Like I said before, the wound channel, weight retention, and coefficients are not as good as the others.

I’m not saying they can’t be used for hunting either

7 Likes

5 Likes

There is pictures for the best examples from each make. The Barnes hands down is more coefficient. That being said they are most likely to shoot accurately at long ranges

4 Likes

I stand corrected, I didn’t know they had a 300 grain .338 lapua. The coefficients on that bullet is pretty damn impressive

6 Likes