A Little Gossip from sgammo.com

Thank you for subscribing to the SGAmmo.com newsletter. If you have trouble viewing this email you can see the newsletter at this link: Ammo Deals and 2020 Gossip

As we move in to 2020 I thought I would take a few minutes to gossip with all my newsletter subscribers about what is going on in the industry and how it may effect you, pricing, availability, etc. Demand has been strong and we are seeing some manufacturers come out with less attractive pricing in the 2020 programs. I do not want to name names but it seems that several of the major manufacturers attempting to push up on prices, although approximately 2/3 majority of manufacturers are holding steady at similar prices to 2019, at least on the more popular types of products like 223, 5.56, 9mm, 22LR and most of the basic range ammo. I have seen sharp price increases on hunting ammo in a few brands which seems odd to me but it is happening. I believe that strong supply will offset high demand and hold down prices where they are, at least for the most part, but some increases should be expected. For those people that are loyal to specific brands you may want to look at options to buy other similar brands at better pricing. I expect spotty supply on the products that are the best deals in their class as demand has been very high, especially for 9mm and 223/5.56 ammo. These 2 calibers have really been selling very well, but there are many options that are priced very aggressively compared to anything seen in the past 13 years. It is safe to say we are at a point in the market where it is at the bottom for the most part and any sensible investment made in inventory is unlikely to depreciate due to falling prices. 2020 also brings with it a real chance for a rebound in the market and pricing. We expect high demand to continue through the peak season of February, March and April. High demand may possibly last through the summer and fall seasons until November or longer and the election is settled, as politics and election years tend to amplify demand. I hope my input and details here help you make the best choices for your ammo needs and I wish you all a prosperous 2020.

13 Likes

10 Likes

Got this too.

Appreciate the candid-ness, what a bummer.

9 Likes

I’m pretty good on everything except 9mm. Good of time as any to fix that…

9 Likes

well shoot, I only have 12 rounds of old 30-06. with no guns I don’t need it.

8 Likes

Election year will get everyone hyped and ammo will be flying off shelves! Stack up while the getting is good and prices are low.

8 Likes

Tried ordering 9mm from sgammo.com today. Kept kicking me back, then kept telling me my zipcode is invalid. Says it needs to be at least 5 digits. Nevermind the fact i was logged into my account there & all info was already present & correct. I’m assuming their system was a bit overwhelmed and shitting it’s self.

6 Likes

Looks like ammo is the hot topic

4 Likes

After 5 failed attempts, i ended up ordering from Bulkammo.com . Next order, I’ll try sgammo.com again.

4 Likes

I agree. That happened during the last Presidential election season. However, Trump unexpectedly won and ammo prices immediately collapsed afterwards. It will happen again if he wins a second term.

6 Likes

Now I like that optimism :+1:

5 Likes

Yup so everyone remember buy now not scrambling last min paying triple the price or more!! I remember going to a lgs and seeing 333pack of 22 for $75 lol

4 Likes