A Little Grendel Action

The newest build. 6.5 grendel 12 inch barrel.
PSA 12 in barrel
Blem Matrix upper
Blem Matrix 13 in rail
Still need to build a lower for this upper. This lower is from my 300 Blackout pistol.
Still need to get ejection port dust cover and a forward assist (or a plug).
Ran 30 rounds of Wolf steel case and 20 rounds of Hornady American Gunner through it. Ran like a top. No malfunctions at all. Only shot at 25 yards today. It was cutting bullets together at that distance with both loads. Might use this for deer this fall.

12 Likes

Love the Grendal. A small round with one heck of a bark.

5 Likes

Awesome build @shooterrex !!

5 Likes

It’s looking good, probably make a good deer rifle.

6 Likes

Been shooting this for about 200 rnds with Wolf 100gr FMJ. To ringing steel at 95 yds is not a problem. Sighted it in with the Hornady Black 123’s. Here is a 3 shot group at 195 yds. It will do to deer hunt with.

4 Likes

Good luck on the deer hunt, I plan on hunting with mine in two weeks.

4 Likes

That’ll drop Bambi nicely!!

3 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

I’ve been reading some great things about that particular cartridge. It is very inexpensive too so buy
'em cheap and stack 'em deep!

https://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-ammo-sale/1000-rounds-65-grendel-100-grain-fmj-lacquered-steel-case-wpa-wolf-ammo

2 Likes

The wolf fmj’s are just a bit undersize in the bullet diameter department. Good blasting ammo but about 2 MOA groups are about the best results anyone is getting. The Hornady Black 123’s are under 1 MOA but best price I found is $18.99 for a box of 20. Still a good price for hunting ammo but a little expensive for blasting ammo. Hornady American Gunner is about $0.75 a round and shoots under 1 MOA. At 25 yards this pistol cuts all these different rounds together. Add a little distance and the wolf starts to open up.

3 Likes

I like the 100gr Wolf FMJ’s for home and personal defense as well as range/target duty. Still, it is a nasty pill and I wouldn’t want to take it if I was any sort of living creature.

3 Likes