A little info about me

Hey everyone! I’m David in the north Fort Worth/Keller TX area. I found this place looking for info on building an 80% P320. I’ve built lots of other 80% stuff (AR/Glock/1911) and the P320 seems to be the natural progression, even if it turns out to be just one. I don’t really recall how I got into all of this, probably by wanting to make some of my existing firearms function a little better than they did from the factory. Started tinkering and studying and got hooked.

I hadn’t done any volume of shooting until my short, short stint in the Corps in the early 90’s. Decided I liked it and was pretty good at it, but it still took a while for me to really get involved. Bought my first pistol (Colt 1991A1 Combat Commander, the parkerized one) and got my CHL sometime in the late 90’s. About that time I got into computers and all of my hobby income went to that. Fast forward to 2015 and my dad wanted me to give his Glock 17 a going over once he had seen what I had been up to with my own firearms. I hadn’t owned and hardly looked at Glocks before that, but decided I needed one after working on his. Got my first one and learned about the discount that could be had by joining GSSF, so I joined. That also allowed me to take the Glock Certified Armorer and Advanced Armorer courses and I started competing in GSSF matches. Everything accelerated at that point. I had to have different models for different divisions, or so my reasoning went. I’m up to 13 of them now, with only 2 being the same model. That started me building Polymer80 pistols so that I could do things to them that I can’t do to my competition pistols. It’s turned into an addiction at this point.

That’s probably enough for now. If you have questions, just ask. I’m pretty laid back and open about stuff. I look forward to learning more here and maybe even helping if I can.

18 Likes

Addiction - remember only you can say no
However don’t ever use me as an example

Welcome - there are worse places…

15 Likes

Welcome

14 Likes

Welcome @Preyhunter
Glad you found us!

13 Likes

Welcome from KY.

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Preyhunter from CA.
Good to have another fellow builder join us.

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Preyhunter

12 Likes

Welcome!

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Preyhunter

12 Likes

We find your being here helpful :+1:

Welcome!

12 Likes

Welcome!

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I grew up in FW and lived in Watauga in the mid 90s. That was before the whole world moved up there.

12 Likes

Yeah, it was still pretty bare up here even when I moved here from SW FtW in 2003. Keller was Up In Smoke bbq and NAPA. Neither are here now and growth exploded. I miss those early days. I live up off Keller Haslet if you remember where that is.

10 Likes

Thanks for the welcome, guys. Maybe I can collaborate with some of you on some projects down the line.

Have any of y’all done an 80% P320 build yet?

11 Likes

Welcome you can collaborate on this broken tap I’m my 2011 build of you want.

11 Likes

I lived on Northpark Dr. IIRC, Keller Haslet Rd was 2 lane and didn’t go all the way to 35 when I was there. Denton Highway was still 2 lanes with a turn lane in the middle.

I grew up close to I-35 and I-20 in south FW.

11 Likes

Welcome from your northern neighbor.
Ever tried a 19X or G-45, great pistols. Have a G-45 factory and love it. Didn’t get the MOS but will probably put a Tru-Glo micro green on the under rail.

12 Likes

Keller Haslet is still 2 lanes and it sucks, running from 377 to Alta Vista. I went to Southwest HS and was in the last Rebel class to graduate there.

10 Likes

I graduated from Paschal in the 80s. I was on the north side of 20. My wife graduated from Southwest when they were still rebels.

11 Likes

I have the 19X. The only 9mm models I don’t have are the 17L, 45, and 43X (but I can make one by putting one of my 43 slides on my 48 frame). I plan to build a 17L clone on a P80 lower. It’ll be my “Mock 17L”. :wink:

10 Likes