A little info about me

I will definitely be perusing that section. One can never learn enough!

14 Likes

Focus is an alien word around here, I would describe this place as the ADHD and firearms forum. For the really messed up stuff you need to access the lounge area.

In terms of guns …yeah thats the main focus, just post your firearms questions in the firearms sections and stay out of the lounge unless you want to read page after page of penis jokes and offensive memes. Thats the gist of it at least.

Its also customary to call @Belt-Fed offensive stuff , he claims it makes him feel young again.

10 Likes

once upon my youth - yes (2012 anyways)
was a unrestricted air and unrestricted mixed gas just to mention a couple pieces of paper.
If NEDU/DCIEM means anything…

14 Likes

We have many interest outside of building but I’m assembling an ar in 7.62x39 when the parts get here but I don’t think it is complex enough to think it’s more than assembly. The milling, fitting, and machining is more what I would count as building

14 Likes

Welcome!

14 Likes

Do you have a shotgun?

14 Likes

I had to look those up. I started diving recreationally in 2009 (late start) and have worked my way up to PADI Rescue Diver for what that’s worth. I tend to choose expensive hobbies it seems (cars, guns, diving, shooting these days).

Do you have a shotgun?

I have an 870, a Charles Daly semiauto, and a Turkish O/U with 20"/30" convertible barrels. I’d like to get a Beretta semiauto, but I just can’t justify the cost for a shotgun that doesn’t get used nearly enough as it is. My in-laws were farmers, but sold off nearly all of their land a few years ago to buy a lake house, including all of my old bird hunting spots. They have one small place left where I can deer and hog hunt, but not very often. I have a buddy with a place that’s closer that has said I can take all the hogs off of his land that I want, so that’s the majority of my hunting these days. Hogs are a problem here.

15 Likes

This is the polymer lower I did this weekend. Still need to do some cleanup work on it.

This is my “milling station” with the aluminum lower I did a couple of weeks ago in progress. I think it was 7075 aluminum and I broke 3 end mill bits on it, so I’ve decided to stick with 6061 or polymer moving forward.

13 Likes

Well… you got’r done!

12 Likes

Ok. You’re good.

12 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Dakota intro