A Very Good Question. So whats yours ?

9 Likes

Favorite -.357 Shoot mostly ,38 + .22LR in our revolvers.

10 Likes

45Colt.

10 Likes

The king of Calibers. The .45

10 Likes

I love .45 anything .45 acp,.45colt,.454,460 S&W etc…
Cant beat .452

11 Likes

41 mag and 44 mag. I always felt the 41 was fine shooter.

10 Likes

I have never shot a .41mag i always wanted to.

10 Likes

My dad has 3 or 4. 41mags. They shoot pretty well but i like my 45’s better

10 Likes

I don’t have one at this point but will, I like a 4or 5 inch 460 so I can shoot 454 and 45 colt… allows you to practice a lot with 45 loads and then kill about anything with 454 and 460…not easy to conceal but everybody will know you mean fking business…I can hear the whispers, leave that crazy old fker alone he’s carrying a cannon…

12 Likes

More like " he shot that last burgler in the neighbors house through the deep freeze from his house"

10 Likes

If’n i gotta pick one of them low capacity shooters, it would be a 41 mag.

9 Likes

.38spec/.357 mag, .44 mag and the Granddaddy .455

9 Likes

357 Mag. Even the medium woman can handle them.

8 Likes

Dont sound so disheartened @Belt-Fed
Those last 6 rounds may save your life or the life of a loved one. :wink:

8 Likes

38/357mag, 44/44mag. Like to try a 41 mag, and a 454.

6 Likes

With double actions I gravitate to the 357 and S&W. But when it comes to single actions, I stand by the Colt and it’s most popular 45 caliber…one each from my collection below…

10 Likes

About 40 years ago, I had the opportunity to shoot a 45-70 revolver. Seeing that it was big and heavy, I really didn’t give recoil that much thought. Well, that was a mistake. Thing hit me in the face.
After that experience I figured .44 mag was plenty enough for me. .357 mag chambering is my #1 choice in a full size revolver, though. I mostly shoot 38’s in it.

8 Likes

There is a story I tell on here. About my younger brother doing nearly the same. With a 340 grain. 454 casull load. Lets just shorten it to say the front sight left its mark in his forehead… My mom was P.O.ed at me until I told her the whole story :joy:

7 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

No , and let me tell ya when I first got my first big boomer darn near did the same thing it just came a hairs breath from hitting me. After grip adjustment and practice I am pretty darn confident with my 460 and can shoot .454 loads for a long time… I can rip through 20 rounds .460 mostly in comfort and I can go another 10 but they start opening up bad. I shoot it double handed mostly due to the fact it steadys that long barrel and when hands are cold always did double hand due to decreased grip.
I started using dumbells at home and it has really helped me.

7 Likes