A woman considered bringing her CCW to work - she decided not to because of the rules. She was then shot and killed by the Virginia Beach shooter

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/virginia-beach-mass-shooting/article_3843db5c-8b9e-11e9-b87f-e3e87b2a3b42.html

The public utilities engineer was concerned about DeWayne Craddock “as well as one other person,” said Kevin Martingayle, an attorney working with Nixon’s family. So on the night of May 30, Nixon had discussed with her husband, Jason, “whether or not she should take a pistol and hide it in her handbag,” Martingayle said. She decided against it because of a city policy that prevents employees from bringing weapons to work.

Gun control kills.

Disarming law abiding citizens kills.

The people in the government who created this anti-gun policy have blood on their hands because this woman was unable to defend herself because of their rules.

13 Likes

Survival trumps rules.
Especially those made by flunkies and politicians.

7 Likes

Like I’ve said on here before, my boyfriend is on a goverment contract. He drives an hour and 15 minutes to get to the city to work. He has to park on some gravel lot somewhere and then take a 15 minutes bus ride to his job from there. He can NOT have his firearm at his job and he can not even have his firearm in his car parked on the gravel lot because the lot is also government property. This is the same gravel parking lot where one of his coworker’s Harley Davidson was stolen just a few weeks ago. A guy walked up, jumped on and drove away with it.

So for the entire 11 hours that my boyfriend is away from the house during the day he is without his firearm all because he can not take it with him to work. If he stops at the gas station, he is unarmed, if he stops at the store on the way home, unarmed. At work, unarmed. In that parking lot in a bad neighborhood, unarmed.If he breaks down on the side of the road, unarmed. Because he’s a law abiding citizen who works for the government and does not want to get in trouble or lose his job, he will be an unarmed victim just like this lady was.
And someone mentioned for him to get gas in a gas station near us in our own town before he goes into the city. Well, what makes a gas station near us in our own town any safer? The station two miles from us in our town got held up at knife point not that long ago. There is no “safe” place to get gas or be unarmed.

8 Likes

You just answered yourself.
Stay safe.

6 Likes

Wow! A tragedy that could’ve been avoided.

6 Likes

I take my chances and carry in some places that are restricted. Not saying that’s a good idea but whatever. Gun free zones are death zones and open season on the unarmed and innocent. The leadership of said places are guilty of anyone that loses their life due to a gunman that comes in to do harm.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I just want it to be an automatic win for victims if they are attacked or killed inside a store that denies you the right to protect yourself if they offer a life sustaining service (food, medicine, shelter)
A simple way to make this fair would be to have the organization required to have metal detectors and armed security to ensure the safety of their customers.

2 Likes

Agreed. There’s actually a lawsuit that was filed along those lines. Haven’t heard anything about it in a while.

If a business wants to deny service to people who carry guns, then it’s private property and they should be allowed to deny.

But it also means they should be liable for the safety of people in the store in the exact same way stores are liable if they are negligent about other safety standards.

I can sue someone if a set of shelves falls on me because they didn’t secure the shelves properly - it was their failure to ensure safety of their customers. The exact same thing should apply if they don’t allow people to carry tools to defend themselves.

5 Likes

I think the husband should sue the state and the company for stripping his wife of the right to self defense. This woman died because of the states unconstitutional laws to prohibit a person of their natural rights as a human.

6 Likes

Unfortunately every Federal facility is the same. No Firearms.
We are dependent on 19 year olds with emotional issues and a badge.

5 Likes

2C8E499E-C04B-46B1-B10A-F0EBCF4104AF

4 Likes

I feel her pain. I work on a college campus that had a shooting last year…in the building my office is in. Luckily, I was already home when it happened.

5 Likes