Active Duty Overseas and Supporting the 2A

I’m serving in the Marine Corps overseas, and seeing all the Anti-2A rhetoric back home is more than infuriating. I want to do everything I can to promote our rights along with educating my friends and family, but I can’t do much besides writing to my senators and representatives (who don’t respond), throwing money at pro-gun groups (which a specific one does not make me excited to support), and writing posts on Facebook, which get trampled under the anti-2A echo chambers. At the end of the day, it feels like I’m not having any meaningful say in the government that I enjoy serving, Is there anything else I can do to be Pro-2A? Does anybody else encounter this problem?

6 Likes

First off, thank you for your service to this country. There is really not much you can do but write politicians and attend one of the many pro 2A rallies going on lately when your state side again. The pro 2A side of the country is just now starting to get riled up, before too long we will see more resistance and more red states fighting back. The vibe ive been getting from looking at various bills and news articles is that the pro gun crowd is just now really getting fired up. Stay safe and try to keep your head in the game. What you are doing overseas for our country protects our rights and way of life alot more then anything going on here in the states.

3 Likes