Afghan girl avenges parents death with an AK

Cool points for the AK

12 Likes

It’s an interesting question whether a revenge killing for a family member’s murder is itself murder or not.

In Biblical law, it was possible for someone to have killed another, yet not be executed, despite being tried by a court of 23. Maybe it was a negligent homicide. Or a pure accident. Or maybe it was clearly murder, except that the standard of evidence (two kosher, non-family witnesses to the actual act) was not met. In cases of accident, a Jew was sentenced to be exiled to a city of refuge, an ir miklat. This city protected the inhabitants from a phenomenon known as the blood redeemer, the go’el hadam. This was a relative of the deceased, who had permission to kill the killer if found outside one of the cities of refuge. If the original killing could not be shown to be an accident, the blood redeemer had permission to kill the murderer anywhere, even inside a city of refuge.

According to some legal scholars, this was a bare permission, but others considered this a sacred duty and commandment. Some reason theoretically that the same idea of the blood redeemer (though not the city of refuge) applies to non-Jews observing the Seven Laws of Noah. However, in practice the local secular prohibition holds sway, under the Noahide law to establish systems of justice.

That said, in the situation of no government being accepted by the people, no secular laws would apply, and perhaps the idea of the blood redeemer would return. This would especially be so if there are no courts to speak of yet.

6 Likes

I don’t imagine many in Afghanistan will be found guilty by this standard. Maybe I don’t understand what Kosher means.

7 Likes

Makes two of us as I didn’t see a menu :thinking:

5 Likes

“They send one of yours to the hospital…
You send 2 of their’s to the morgue.”
Words to live and payback by.

4 Likes

It means “acceptable.” In the case of witnesses, it means they aren’t convicts, not deaf, blind, dumb, or insane, have reached the age of majority, are not interested parties, are not gamblers or swindlers, etc.

For Noahide law, a single witness is sufficient, circumstantial evidence is admissible, and a single judge can preside, though more are preferred.

4 Likes

I dont think she is Jewish and she lives in a Warzone.

5 Likes

That’s why I mentioned Noahide law.

5 Likes

And she lives in a warzone… far different then most places. Think of all the PTSD issues with our troopes, well imagine having been raised in that from birth. Not to mention all of our bibles have death and war in them, there are times when it must be done. Maybe her life was in danger too? I dont know enough to write that off as evil or even wrong, I give her props for not being bent over like a goat.

5 Likes

That’s why I mentioned the case where there is no government. Lack of police does not excuse us from acting according to a minimum ethical standard.

5 Likes

Killing your parents and possibly coming for you gives you grounds to kill them, imo.

Sometimes its taken a little far such as with Baruch Goldstein(sp) so I get your point but I applaud not condemn her for sending them to hell full of holes.

5 Likes

I guess you didn’t read my post, but I concluded that she probably had grounds under Noahide law, too.

5 Likes

Not the vibe I got from your posts , I may have misunderstood what you meant though, my mistake.

I can see where there may be ethical concerns for some, I mean it’s rather difficult to say anything a 100% when getting info from a blog post.

5 Likes

I applaud her actions too.

5 Likes