After market sheaths: any recommendations?

Can you recommend a good sheath to me?

I am wanting an after market sheath for my Extrema Ratio Fulcrum C, as I dislike the hard sheath supplied with it (too rattly and prone to coming off with the knife if you tug the knife rather than easing it out of the sheath). I have been using the RAO sheath (with or without the RAO folded in the pouch portion) but, as the blade is considerably less broad than the RAO, retention is not great.

Ideally, I am looking for an OD Molle compatible sheath. The blade itself is 110mm/4.3" long. If possible, a model that is available within Europe (as EU imposed tariffs make importing individual items from the US prohibitively expensive [roll on Brexit… ]).

Thank you.

2 Likes

contemplate making your own?

2 Likes

They tried to teach us lads to sew in school (being all progressive and gender equality and all that). Let’s just say that the girls proved more successful and adept at woodwork and metalwork than we did at needlecraft! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

yeek, I never meant to sew, I meant leather and rivets!

manly materials

or, I suppose if “threading” were needed at least use fishline :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

here are you a couple links, just google knife sheaths and there will be several sites. You might try amazon and E-bay too.

https://www.smkw.com/knife-accessories/sheaths/nylon-sheaths

2 Likes

The wife drug me into a craft store the other day… they had leather working kits for sheathe and holster making.

4 Likes

If not leather, you could also try making a sheath out of kydex. I’m tempted to try that with a Kukri knife after having watched a do-it-yourself video. Of course, videos tend to make things look easier than they actually are, but the ones I saw looked easy enough and fun.

2 Likes

Carry your knife in your teeth like a man damnmit!!
Screenshot_20190411-173503

3 Likes

@LonewolfMcQuade Difficult, as I have - or perhaps haven’t - a good set of English teeth, manfully removed at intervals with a Leatherman.

:woozy_face::pray::grimacing::three::persevere::two::confounded::one::boom::scream::right_anger_bubble::eyes::tooth::nauseated_face::flushed::zipper_mouth_face:

God bless the NHS… not.

Allow me to introduce you to one of our quaint and ancient national pastimes, gurning, whose annual world championship dates back (possibly) to the 13th Century:

3 Likes

Hi @Belt-Fed

There are a couple of the ESEE sheaths that look promising, so I will try and track them down on this side of the pond.

3 Likes