Aftermath - Post 9/11 stories and experiences

This thread will be for experiences that we observed just after 9/11 occurred and directly related to the attack…

8 Likes

I will start this thread out.
I worked for the USAF for Depot Flight Test at Hill AFB when the attacks occurred.
I was also working the Swing Shift so we were there at night.
Bush at this time had grounded all air traffic and everyone was pretty much glued to the radio and TV broadcasts for anything happening.
We were still working putting aircraft together and prepping them for first engine runs. But we we were not allowed to run them let alone do Functional Test Flights on them.
So we had a bit of time on our hands.
There was a smoking area just outside our hanger, and a group of us were out there.
Then we all noticed at the same time that it was silent.
Funny it was like all of us at once.
Normally we hear Passenger Jets and small planes in the air since being in the Salt Lake Valley we have one of the most congested air spaces in the nation.
And really don’t pay any attention to them and tune them out.
But there was nothing!
We could hear the freeway and trains in the distance but the aircraft noises were not there.
And no anti collision lights flashing in the sky or anything.
I tell you this.
This was one creepy feeling and all of looking at the sky for anything.
It is funny how we tune noises out as a matter of course until they just aint there.
I think every one of us that night got a chill down their spines.

9 Likes

Wow
Hard to believe nobody has stories about this time.

Well here is another one.
This sort of goes along with the other story but later on.
Aircraft were still grounded nationwide.
The Active Fighter Wing here had two F-16s loaded for a fight on what they call the Hot Pad to launch at a moments notice.
One night we are outside and the two scramble jets fired up and were airborne in a hurry.
We knew something was going down and like right now.
These were the only aircraft we had seen take to the skies since 9/11.
These boys hauled ass south towards Salt Lake City with Full Burner blazing.
Normally as soon as they are airborne they pull it out of burner because the fuel usage in afterburner is crazy.
They were going somewhere in a hurry and damn the sonic boom when they passed the speed of sound.
They did pull back before they hit mach speed but a lot later than normal.

We heard what happened later.
Well down in Southern Utah there were some private planes that put down at the nearest airport they were at when they shut down the skies.
A group of these private pilots decided they didn’t want to leave their planes where they were and planned to fly them up from the south at night at low level where they thought they get away with it.
Needless to say I bet there were some good ol boys shittin their pants when these F-16’s show up and order them to Land or be Destroyed under no uncertain terms.
And these scramble jets were loaded up with all they could carry in Air to Air munitions.
I don’t know where they caught up with the Good Ol Boys but the F-16’s had to land at another airstrip to refuel before returning to Hill.
That means most likely when cleared the populace areas in the valley the went Full A/B and broke a few windows on the way.
Impressive and down right frightening all at the same time.

8 Likes

I lived in Seattle at the time…between Sea-Tac Airport and Boeing Field. The silence was deafening, so to speak.

7 Likes

This sounds bad to make a profit on a tragedy but when osama bin laden was killed I bought a bunch of New York Times papers and made money on them :pensive:

I still have one for myself but it’s went up big time to the original price

4 Likes

4 Likes

You can’t deny it that’s bad ass! I was so excited when they finally killed that rat bastard

5 Likes

I’ve thought about donating this to my local school but like I said it’s my last one

3 Likes

I just wish they would have dismembered him and sent it to all corners of the earth. Why Obama gave him a proper Muslim burial is beyond me

1 Like

Seriously, that worthless shit bag deserves be burned at the stake on public television

2 Likes

But I really may donate this to my public school after I get it signed by Robert J O’Neil

1 Like

Pigs blood bath 1st, followed by the execution! I’d have shelled out good $$$$ for a live Pay Per View of that! (Hint, hint Vince McMahon) The new WWE- WORLD WIDE EXECUTIONS

2 Likes

4 Likes

Like the meme but I think it is in the wrong thread.

Didn’t they dump him at sea somewhere?

1 Like

Was it?

1 Like

Found this.

They say they did all the muslim customs stuff.
Bet there were some damn sick fish for awhile…

2 Likes

Doesn’t mention pointing towards Mecca at all

Should have filmed the rat being fed into a wood chipper.
All the demonrat politicians showing their faces yesterday …
Should have had their rat faces caved in by a hard right with a Firefighting glove.
I was training MTA PD officers in NYC when it started
We all got up and went to work.
Almost to a man - all PD FF EMS PAPD I know who served now HATE the traitorous demonrats with every ounce of being for sucking muzrat ass for votes.
Religion of peace? NO A murder cult to be eradicated ASAP

4 Likes