Am I a jerk

Am I a jerk for refusing to use my reloading components to supply these guys that wait until the last few days to try and find bullets to deer hunt with ?

11 Likes

nope
are they also the type that says - “let me fill up the tank” but never does?

8 Likes

Did they bring a 5 pack for support?

I gave my bro a pound of 4895, he bought the cases, primers, pills and machine to make them with.
In total I charged him $150. What I paid for it 20 years ago.

9 Likes

Well it appears you aren’t one.

7 Likes
7 Likes

It is not your problem he didn’t plan ahead. Just because you planned ahead doesn’t mean you have to share.

8 Likes

I have had people ask to buy ammo since this shindig got kicked off. I have sold some and regretted it. No more selling. No more regerts…

8 Likes

Nope, I helped a new hunter last year with 308 that her father (who I know) didn’t think ahead. This year there’s ammo out there, pony up the dough and buy it the cheap bastards. :angry:

8 Likes

Depends how well you know them. Or how you value their friendship. I “loaned” my boss 300 CCI-200 primers to get him through a dry patch on the understanding that he had to replace them. Not a sale or a gift. He just replaced them.

I had over 2,800 on hand at the time so I thought it worth the risk.

One of the things about being a friend is sharing what you have. Someday you may need something that they have. That’s what friends do.

9 Likes

If i send you the brass will you make me up about 40 rounds of 6.5 grendel? i just started looking for them and can’t find any. it would be much appreciated.

8 Likes

I don’t have any dies for that caliber . But I may know of a dealer that might have some . He shut down his shop and is selling out of his basement until he can find another . I will email him and see if he has any .

7 Likes

Steel case is not super expensive, but what brass case is there “WOW” spendy.

6 Likes

I was just razzin brother John, the grendel mine is sighted in for is federal fusion. none to be found. i ain’t payin 50 bucks a box. :rofl:

7 Likes

I helped a few out with ammo.
People I love.
People I don’t - AKA most - NO!

7 Likes

Naaaah

4 Likes

Just had my nephew call wanting to know if my father who passed away over a year ago had bought each grandchild a rifle one if so was wanting them. I had to break his heart and tell him Dad only had two deer rifles and one of them is 102 years old and the other one was a finicky 742 rem and he was not getting ether one . Besides he is in his mid thirty and never hunted before or shot a high powered rifle in his life looking for a gun five days before deer season starts. And the little shit voted for Biden so not only no but he’ll no.

10 Likes

Apparently you are not a Jerk. You didn’t hang up on him.

7 Likes

What the hell?? Why would want a rifle if the same shithead he voted for is trying to take em away!?

That just angers me!

7 Likes

No. There’s a thing could guns and ammo shops. Either they can buy their own reloading gear or they can buy ammo. I regularly find myself reloading for matches after midnight the night before because I haven’t had time. I refuse to spend the extra time on lazy people.

6 Likes

Or just plain cheap.

5 Likes