Amazon

I’ve been getting a ton of chats from Amazon lately to review their products…seem like they are coming from the Asia side of town. They want to send me money to buy their products and review them…after some research I found that the rep is promoting their products though what’s called verified purchase, which bring their rating score up. Tried to explain that I was an independent contractor who get paid to do reviews not the other way around. He was very persistent but I finally found a way to deter…give them a price for an unbiased review, he regretfully declines the offer and haven’t heard from them since…mission accomplished!!..anyone else had these obscured Amazon representatives contact them??

13 Likes

Wow that’s jacked up. Haven’t seen that yet.

9 Likes

That sucks. Good idea To get that clown to hit the bricks.

11 Likes

Yeah that’s a new one to me too.

7 Likes

I’ve bought a shit load from Amazon the past 4 years, by shit load I mean truck load! Never encountered such a scam.

10 Likes

@LonewolfMcQuade @switchpod @Chuparosa lol…he or she sketched out when I mentioned price…

9 Likes

Tell ya what @ABTC_inc , for a small fee, I’ll make them quit bugging you :rofl:

8 Likes

Ha! Nice!

7 Likes

7 Likes

Missed the opportunity to get lots of free Chinese junk just for lying to other buyers :partying_face:

7 Likes

Haha…it was comical @Robert

6 Likes

OK, I have a question. I’ve been wondering about this for some time. And just so you know @ABTC_inc, this is not aimed at you, but I would love your input.

In the last 6 months since I have started looking at firearm related videos, especially reviews, I have noticed one thing that seems to be consistent with most of the videos, the reviews are almost always positive. This is actually why I stopped watching many channels because I got tired of all the products being ‘great’. It happens so much that I assumed the person doing the review gets free gear and will be approached continuously by the same company (with more free gear) because of the positive reviews of the product and/or company.

Now I could be completely wrong about this, but that has been my impression. I can’t recall someone with a dedicated firearm product channel saying anything negative about a product and calling something a piece of crap or a waste of money.

So, if a person is getting paid by a company to do a review, how unbiased can the review really be? Wouldn’t saying something bad about the product be like cutting off the hand that feeds you?

7 Likes

I see your point…I personally have not been paid or sponsored by a company. The reason why I mentioned a high dollar amount was because, honestly just wanted to rid of this person…mission accomplished. As far as reviews, there are many videos I’ve seen that pros and cons and even much ‘crap’ statements. I would see how someone who is sponsored could be influenced by the prospect of being paid as not too loose reviews…it’s good practice to pay attention to what the reviewer is stating, such as this is sponsored, or I have no affliction with this product. On the other hand, most people do this is to make money, so yes it is a business…but best practice in IMO to state from the start that the review is an unbiased review to the company, pros and cons. A reputable content provider review is his brand and marketing tool. Many people are in it just to make money and usually haven’t got a prosperous future in the business. The motto I adhere to is patience is a virtue, since this is no income for me I’m not really loosing anything…I’d rather wait to build a reputation, my brand worthy of what my channel stands for…And no worries @RedAngel, no pun intended!!!

6 Likes

I can’t believe people get paid for reviews . And to think, I’ve been doing them for free on Google for years now.

As a matter of fact, going to drop a review tonight about my new Bunn coffee pot that I’ve had 6 weeks that no longer works.

I know you yourself probably have to establish yourself as knowledgable about firearms and gain a reputation before you might be approached about reviewing products. There’s a lot of competition out there. Lots of gun guys. But when you do finally get around to reviewing products, do me a favor and tell it like it is. Lots of people are going to spend their hard earned money on a product that you may recommend, so don’t hold back on the bad stuff.

And I like that you stay on the forum @ABTC_inc . So many channel producers drop off their videos on the forum but don’t actually hang around and engage anyone here. A week or so ago someone put their video in the threads and within one minute of them posting it I asked a question, but they were already gone.

5 Likes

Same reason for me. Many would take a steaming large pile of dog shit and tell you how awesome and sturdy it is while the liquid runs through their hands…,

11 Likes

haha…

4 Likes

@RedAngel I have a lot to learn still, the people here are a wealth of knowledge that money can’t buy…but honestly, I enjoy the company…pretty stand up people IMO. I’m not usually on all the time with work, grad school, children, wife, and now this endeavor but when I can…relax my brain a little, hope on Full 30 to just enjoy socializing!!

7 Likes

@LonewolfMcQuade…I’m doing a review on poop! :joy::joy:

8 Likes

:rofl:Just give an honest review, and wash your hands!:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

@LonewolfMcQuade wash my hands before or after ?:joy::joy::thinking::thinking:

4 Likes