American hunter's images of her black giraffe 'trophy kill' spark outrage

This has been running the gamut on my national gun owners forum, has anyone seen this?
“American hunter’s images of her black giraffe ‘trophy kill’ spark outrage”
Photos of a female hunter from Kentucky proudly showing off the results of her “dream hunt” – a dead black giraffe in South Africa – have ignited a firestorm across social media after being picked up by a local African media outlet.
“White American savage who is partly a Neanderthal comes to Africa and shoot down a very rare black giraffe courtesy of South Africa stupidity,” read the June 2018 tweet, posted by Africa Digest. “Her name is Tess Thompson Talley. Please share.”
— AfricaDigest (@africlandpost) June 16, 2018

The controversial images, which were posted by a Kentucky woman identified as Tess Thompson Talley a year ago, show her standing proudly beside a dead giraffe bull along with the caption: “Prayers for my once in a lifetime dream hunt came true today! Spotted this rare black giraffe bull and stalked him for quite a while. I knew it was the one. He was over 18 years old, 4000 lbs. and was blessed to be able to get 2000 lbs. of meat from him.”
Trophy hunting is a legal practice in a number of African countries, including South Africa, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
“The giraffe I hunted was the South African sub-species of giraffe. The numbers of this sub-species is actually increasing due, in part, to hunters and conservation efforts paid for in large part by big game hunting. The breed is not rare in any way other than it was very old. Giraffes get darker with age,” said Talley, in an email to Fox News.
She points out that the giraffe she killed was 18, too old to breed, and had killed three younger bulls who were able to breed, causing the herd’s population to decrease. Now, with the older giraffe dead, the younger bulls are able to continue to breed and can increase the population.
“This is called conservation through game management,” says Talley, who insists hers was not a “canned” hunt.

It wouldn’t let me copy the rest. Here is the link.

People barking about this stuff has been around for decades. The problem now is really the social media aspect. Back in the day folks might have a mounted head or something and maybe pics in hunting magazines. Which were really only read by other hunters. Now stuff like Facebook and instcrap make this stuff easy to bitch about and spread.
So nothing new here really. But the part that sucks is that because of the social media impact, the dang government may get more deeply involved.

Your views on trophy hunting I doubt will make you unpopular here. And I hope my post regarding the social media aspect of this didn’t prompt you to delete your previous post. I personally don’t hunt but certainly would if I needed to and have zero issues with hunting. Trophy hunting is certainly lower on my list but I personally don’t see a reason to knock those who do it.
My comments were with respect to the huge backlash that is, in modern times, exacerbated by the viral nature of social media. And that such a response can work to make government that much more intrusive into our lives.
People have different opinions on stuff and trophy hunting is one of them. I ain’t a fan by any means but the sport does not affect me in any way. So who am I to bitch about it. It’s when things are shoved at me that I’ll fight back.

I don’t have sound now to select a good video but this is close,

Trophy hunting protects the game

White rhino numbers went from a few hundred animals to more than 20,000 in a short time and continue to thrive.

Safari Club International member Cory Knowlton paid a whopping $350,000 for a Namibian black rhino permit to proceed with this same proven management system,

Thats how the Park Rangers get paid…to protect the game, by licensing the killing of select animals, usually older (yikes)

So if you care for the animals, support the hunters.

Hippies and tree huggers wont foot the bill

http://www.tednugent.com/save-a-rhino-eat-a-rhino/

I understand
kind of like the tackicool crowd who have never fired a shoot while under direct enemy fire and veterans that have.
Part of the story that was missed was the creature was harvested for food.
I haven’t hunted in a very long time, finding my stalking skills far more successful at my local grocery or costco.

Remember your condition, I do, and wouldn’t direct an attack or insult at you, or insinuate one, I am standing up for hunters, that do enjoy the celebration, as they are protecting the animals…

see the cycle of life in that perhaps?

Don’t hate the hunter, no matter their reason, they are the games best chance against those that would simply cash in.

Peace, (and don’t run off)

(go’s back to jerky snack)

Well I certainly don’t speak for anyone else but my point was specifically that you are valued here. And that we’re kinda on the same page regarding trophy hunting. The only difference is that I don’t react to it as visceraly as you.
And I assume with few exceptions we all have fairly think skin. So I clearly hope you’ll stick around.

Yup, you are correct sir. I shouldn’t of clicked in!

From a long term hunter’s perspective.

I agree that not all social media platforms are appropriate for such a topic. I personally would not have done what this hunter has done on 'Tweeter". That being said, if her hunt was legal and done ethically, than I have no right to pass negative judgement into the harvesting of such an animal.

I grew up in a family of hunters from the rural parts of upstate N.Y.

Hunting & fishing was a way of life for me as a youngster and still is today. An annually family tradition that’s been a part of my heritage completely.

As a youngster I could not afford to preserve any of my hunts other than to take a few field photographs with a old camera of some sort.

Today, as an adult, I can nowadays easily afford to preserve all of my hunts, whether it’s through videography/photographs and/or taxidermy.

If I choose to have a wild animal mounted, it’s simply out of complete and total respect of the particular harvest. Yes, a memento if you will of the overall hunt, the harvested game taken by me during a specific time in history.

Trust in the fact that I have invested tons of time, put forth all the required preparation with regards towards my gear & equipment, done all the do diligence in setting up any hunting areas and put countless 'dollars into the local economy during those hunting seasons. Not to mention battling whatever terrain and/or weather elements you’ll be confronted with going after a fair chase wild animal,. Definitely, NOT the easiest thing to do by any stretch of the imagination, and expect to be successful.

Yes, I’m more of a bowhunter than any other, however I also spend plenty of time fishing. I assure you, if I deem necessary out of absolute respect to preserve such a wild specie that I have harvested (killed) to place excellent quality organic food on my family’s dinner table, then I will do so without any hesitation. I always prefer organic food than any other.

You can say I am proud of all my past hunting and fishing accomplishments because I know for a fact that it’s NOT easy to do and be successful in the wild outdoors at any given time.

Personally, I’m not into any kind of hunting preserves of any type or any wildgame held behind fences to be simply killed. Typically, that a rich man’s game that I don’t condone at all.

I’m a fair chase hunter and fisherman. That’s how I was raised, that’s how I roll and that’s what I passed down to my two young sons and expect them to pass it onto their children one day.

The sport of hunting and the number of young hunters today has dwindled substantially. That’s been the trend now for the past decade. At the current rate it’s going, it will be the we the hunters that will be extinct in the near future. That’s a given!

When that happens, it truly will be a sad day in history because it will be the wildlife that suffers the most.

Conservation is absolutely crucial for the overall health and survival of all prominent wildlife species. All the facts support what I’m telling you. If we hunters go, so does most of the wildlife and forests that most Americans enjoy and hold dearly…

However, please don’t believe in what I’m telling you. Do your own research! I implore you to do so if you are unfamiliar with wildlife conservation methodology.

Uncle Ted go’s into this in this interview pretty well

What he does not touch on is

I also grew up in a family that hunted and fished. My girls were raised on wild game and to this day I don’t care about horns instead I go for the meat except on turkeys then I hunt for a big Tom. But there again a Tom will have more meat.

Well can you help us locate (not stalk) Tom30 then?

There are some old toms we just can’t get to come to a call .