Ammo Inc Brass

I just fell into a lot of Ammo Inc factory new primed brass from pull downs.
338 Lapua Mag.
Does anyone have any direct experience with Ammo Inc brass quality.

6 Likes

Nope not me

4 Likes

My experience with 338 Lapua is that Lapua brass is the only brass worth a chit…

7 Likes

Shot their ammo. Never reloaded the brass yet.

5 Likes

No experience with their 338, but I ordered a couple of cases of 9mm a couple of years ago and there were a lot of bad primers. Won’t buy their ammo again.

6 Likes

I have shot their 45ACP and have no complaints after a couple hundred rounds. I haven’t reloaded any though.

5 Likes

The Hornady .338 Lapua brass doesn’t suck. It’s pretty decent to reload, and get several reloadings out of. What .338 Lapua gun are you shooting and reloading @rjburk ?

6 Likes

I reloaded about 100 9mm of it.
Brass seems as good as the rest.

5 Likes

I have had three different rifles, Armalite and two Savages, I got out of the caliber a few years ago. Me and a friend who had a Savage used about every kind of brass known. The Hornady ammo with the 285 BTHP would not group within 2.5 inches for either of us, we loaded the brass with a bunch of different bullet/powder combo’s with same results. We bit the bullet and bought some Lapua brass and the same loads shot under an inch, the Lapua brass stretch was almost nothing, all the other brands stretched a lot requiring more work to use. The only other brass that was close was HSM, HSM ammo also shot better but not great. I know several people still shooting the 338 and none of them will shoot or load the Hornady ammo/brass anymore. The Lapua 300 grain bullets were better also, they would weigh out almost perfect, 299.9, 300, 300.1, 299.9, very consistant, no other bullets did that, Bergers were close but not as good. The Hornady bullets would be a grain or more off in same box. I have had great results with Hornady bullets in 6 Cteedmoor groups in the .3’s, The 300 SMK’s also weighed out better and shot well in 338. The aggravation of trying to find a load that always worked well in 338 is why I quit the caliber. I personally have never put that much effort into any other caliber with such erratic results, just basic loads in any other caliber I shoot or have shot produced great results. I think 7 PRC may be my next experiment.

7 Likes

I’m going 6.8 Western first. When I build my standard action (someday) it will probably be either a 7 or 300 PRC first.

7 Likes

Great - when you build one, come on out, and we’ll run it 2k yards, starting at 1,760 yards. I’ve been wanting to get one of those guns on the platform, and see how it does.

Come out here anytime. Give me a heads-up, and we’ll set up a shoot just around your schedule, seriously. I’d love to see the 7 PRC run at distance, because it certainly will. By the time you build the gun, we’ll have the .338 LMs running 2500 yards or more. When we decide to get serious, we’ll break out the .375 CheyTac.

6 Likes

Thanks for invite, but I doubt it ever happens. I have health issues that require my full attention. I would not mind seeing how my 6.5x300 would do, but again I don’t see it happening. I had a bad bug at one point for long range and life changes a lot of stuff. The 7 PRC looks like it would work well for me in my area where I can hunt in the 5-7 hundred yard ranges with a heavier bullet than the 6.5.

4 Likes