Ammo price surge or shortage in the near future ?

7 Likes

Article states Army will be buying over $500,000,000 just in small & medium ammunition. I’m wondering how, if at all, this may effect the very low prices & availability of ammunition/ components for the civilian market.

10 Likes

Time to restock ammo:thinking:

8 Likes

Yep and those in commie states will be banned from online sales of ammo next IMO
Prices have been low/good. Now “your room” as she calls it, is somewhat crowded.
So now the bar room has 6 cases of “not liquor” stashed behind it.

The best part is she lets and encourages me to stay the course :grinning:

7 Likes

But…but…i got no more room for ammo. maybe I can store a couple more thousand rounds in the dog house. the dog won’t be happy.

4 Likes

You must have a big ass dog house

3 Likes

Dog and I barely fit now.

doghouse

5 Likes

:rofl: It’s pretty good size. I can get in it when the top comes off. I replace the straw every year. I could crawl in it if my fat ass would fit through the doggy door. My wife built most of it while I was at deer camp one year.

4 Likes

Talk about a thread derailment, yeah I think a couple thousand would fit in there. that’s 500 rounds of 7.62x39 in the can. now that I look good it needs painting bad.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much. At first glance, 500 million does sound alarming, but they spent nearly 400 million last year…and probably the year before that. Plus there’s a glut of ammo on the market right now. Federal Premium has been offering rebates over the last two years (and today). Rebates & Promotions

They wouldn’t offer generous rebates if a civilian shortage was coming soon. They’re not dumb like the government budget folks. :rofl:

4 Likes

$numbers I recall were almost double what was purchased last year. Not to mention what other branches are purchasing. Hopefully it stays cheap. All though, I’m out of ammo cans and room to store :joy:

4 Likes

So, YOU’RE the reason for the ammo can shortage. :rofl::wink:

3 Likes

Lol, I’m only up to 40 cans full so far

4 Likes

Mister%20Torgue%20Approves%20(Orange)

3 Likes