Ammo Shortage

14 Likes

They rightfully should be stocking up.

12 Likes

Being in the firearms business for years, I have lived thru many of ammo and firearm shortages. However I have never seen it to this degree.

Talking with manufactures they are working 3 shifts, and are not able to make a dent in the demand, suppliers wholesale and retailers have no stock and have no idea when the next shipment will arrive or the quantity they will get.

These are uneasy time in America, and one has to question what will happen next ? If Biden wins gun and ammo sales will soar if any are available. And when Trump wins the re-election the left will go completely crazy.

We all need to be vigilant and be careful of these uncertain times.

14 Likes

Just curious… what do you guys pay for a box of 50 rds of 9mm or 100 rds of 556 right now (Sept 2020)?

Here in germany the current price is around 12-13 EUR for the 9mm. That makes it between 14-15 USD for 50 rounds. 556 or .223 costs around 38-40 EUR, 45-48 USD per 100 rounds.

15 Likes

Ammo is all over the place in price right now, and it’s the same with firearms. Ammunition is difficult to get right now, and not much better with firearms either.

https://www.jgsales.com/

11 Likes

I have been buying reloading supplies and have had pretty good luck getting what I need, just bought 500 more 357 cases for $62 and will pickup 200 .224 bullets and 300 .357 bullets for $80. Should also get some more powder tomorrow at LGS.

13 Likes

I’m seeing triple the normal price for 9mm, $30-33 per 50.

14 Likes

LGS has 9mm fmj @ $38.00 a box of 50. Speer Gold dot 50 rnd box $49.00

12 Likes

Good luck buying primers.

10 Likes

I recently finished buying two kegs of powder (AA1680 & Red Dot), 5k 209 primers, and a bunch of other stuff. It wasn’t easy to find but I did. I couldn’t find buckshot so I looked for a mould. Finally found one in the UK and it should be arriving one of these years after USPS gets motivated. It’s taking forever to saunter it’s way north from NYC. It crossed the pond faster.

.30 bullets, Slug mould, still waiting on them to ship.

But all of that is last minute stuff for a new shotgun and a “handgun” that were in the pipeline. I just wasn’t going to order ammo components without having the firearms in my hot little hands. If I get ammo, fine, if not, that’s OK too. But it appears that I’ll have my ammo. I’ll need to make it but I do that anyway.

11 Likes

sgammo has 9mm for 30 bucks a box. i ain’t buying any at that price. An AK might be the best plinker now. plenty of it around and not too much higher than it was. well about 100 bucks a thousand higher. least it hadn’t doubled like 223

11 Likes

I’m letting some stock go to family. Thank God I stocked up.
My little sister is getting 1/2 case 9mm. ZERO available around her.
My BIL is getting 1/2 of x39 and a Romanian “shovel”.
He has a 12g but wanted something more. Had to slide him some 00 also.

Unreal that the mfg’s are running OT and there’s still not much out there at a reasonable price.

12 Likes

I’ve paid as much as $16.00 US for a box of 50 9mm fmj. More recently I paid $105.00 for 500 9mm fmj which is more in line with my normal purchases but in 50 round increments. The issue for me is if I am not in the store when the truck unloads it’s all gone in minutes with a limit of 1 box per customer. I haven’t seen .223 lately.

12 Likes

I already had about 5k so I am good for awhile, but always looking…

10 Likes

5k each i hope.

9 Likes

not quite that many, but I have so much already loaded that I don’t see ever using all of it…

8 Likes

I don’t have 5k in magnum primers but plenty of everything else except large rifle., and to be fair the ar 10 is a new acquisition. Never needed a ton of those.

8 Likes

But how much belted ammo do you have/

11 Likes

None and you are a Braggart…

11 Likes

:rofl:

wow, cut the f down!

12 Likes