Ammo sold out

I was in a large gun shop yesterday. KY Gun Company. They had some ammo. 1 selection of 9mm fmj at $13.99 a box. They had some self defense ammo about $4.00 a box higher than normal. They did have Federal 6.5 Grendel 90 gr ammo @ $1.02 a round I only bought 1 box. Last I bought was .80/round. There is almost no 5.56 on line that isn’t 62 gr steel core or steel case Russian. Ammo is thin that’s for sure.

12 Likes

Pretty short supply at the range i went to yesterday. I expected that for the most part. What i didn’t expect was the exotic ammo was unavailable. Since it was an indoor range i intended to rent and shoot exotics to up the fun factor me (i prefer run and gun shooting) they didn’t have any .50AE .500s&w magnum or 5.7x28.

11 Likes

I checked a couple websites today both were sold out of small pistol primers.

12 Likes

Most of the big online retailers have no bulk ammo. When they do, the price is 40% higher or more depending on caliber. However the expensive self-defense ammo is still available at regular prices. I recently purchased some Federal HST +P from Lucky Gunner for the pre-covid price. They also had Speer Gold Dot.

My local gun shops still have ammo, but availability is hit-or-miss and they have purchase limits. Prices are not horrible yet…9mm target ammo went up about $2/box. This will probably get worse as the election nears.

15 Likes

Me & my ammo cans just sittin here :sunglasses:…all empty of course

11 Likes

Rub it in fido. When i get home I’ll be sitting pretty. Just not gonna do anymore shooting down here

9 Likes

There is a gun show in Melbourne this weekend, i was hoping to pick up some primers. That is where i used to buy all my primers before i moved to Georgia.

10 Likes

When I took a relative out shooting, I conserved 9mm and we mostly shot 22, since I got a 1400x bucket of them a while back, even before I knew I would be getting an adapter kit. And I’m saving my brass now, even though I don’t have a press yet.

12 Likes

At last count i think i have 8 or 9 thousand 22lr. Buy cheap stack deep.

12 Likes

You mean IF… Always travel with an adequate supply of ammo . Didn’t they teach you nuthin in that reservation classroom? Did ya even remember to take your scalping tomahawk???

9 Likes

I brought my sub 2000 with 4, 20 round mags. I think it my be time to take you to obedience school Spot. :slightly_smiling_face: :grin:

10 Likes

:+1:

Wise decision, brother. I saved my brass for several years prior to buying my first press. I also scrounged a lot of brass from my shooting buddies. That was over 20 years ago and I’m still reloading some of that brass today.

13 Likes

That’s it? I take more when I run down to Wal-Mart

10 Likes

That is probably because your an a$$hole and people take shots at you any chance they get. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Maybe…

8 Likes

on my most recent ammo replenishment, saw a email from Federal than was informing their retailers that they were 4-6 months behind in all calibres
Good thing I only shot Winchester White Box…

12 Likes

Careful there i speak from experience that brass collection can grow into 15, 5 gallon buckets full.

13 Likes

Belt-fed’s only goal is to derail everything, it warms his cold heart…

10 Likes

The only thing for certain is any whiff of an ammo shortage -no matter how baseless- and it’ll all be gone. All of it! :ghost:

tenor (3)

12 Likes

Lesson: Keep some of your supply line close at hand. You never know when the REAL battle is going to start.

DSA/dnc IS the greatest enemy of the USA in the world…next to the SCOTUS

9 Likes